Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: brodistock
About
User Name: brodistock
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 20
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: We Must Fight The Trader Tax Proposal...
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 10:14:01 PM
I hope this gets shot down in flames!
Topic: BackScanner's manual start/end dates
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:20:35 PM
I just opend blocks and it ran an update which solved my problem! :D I can now maualy set date ranges :).
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:16:20 PM
Topic: When to throw in the towel..
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 1:12:40 PM
QUOTE (sharppolly)
"Hi Guys
  Thnx for the replys....." ".....Now that I am answering you guys questions, I can realise that I am putting the cart before the horse, I need to plan the sell BEFORE I buy.  Checking on my recent slew of failures I am breaking alot of the rules that I have already learned (paid for). 
  Here is one of PKX, I think this is just bad luck.  I see most of my other stop-outs were carelessness on my part."

No problem glad I/we could help! And your exactly right, you need to plan your exit before your entry.
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 1:08:02 PM
QUOTE (jas0501)
My bet is wait for the next update of the backscanner.

Do you happen to know when that is?
Topic: When to throw in the towel..
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 11:38:09 AM
What I like to do is use resistance and support levels for my stopouts (resistance for shorts, and support for long's). This works great for daytrading, but I havn't tested this on a daily chart yet.

Here is an example of a short on a 10M chart, with a stoploss level set @ a resistance level:

This is what I do, but I strongly recommend you test this for yourself before you use it.

Hope that helps, and goodluck with your future trades!
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 11:15:07 AM
Hello,

I am a new customer so bear with me :). I just started using the BackScanner with the "BackScanner Overview" video (at http://www.blocks.com/ContentBase/ContentHitCounter.aspx?contentid=72) as my guide, and I noticed that in the video there is the ability to select "Manual Start/End date" (figure 1). In my BackScanner I am unable to select the manual start date (figure 2). How can I gain the ability to select manual start and end dates?

Figure 1:

Figure 2: