Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: kzliao
About
User Name: kzliao
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 24
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TC2000 12.3 beta's extremely annoying feature
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2012 9:14:11 PM

The new update for TC2000 12.3 beta has one very very annoying feature: it keeps popping up a selection box "Copy XXX to:" box. Whenever you do anything on the chart, this stupid selection box will popup. Anyway I can diable it? I wonder why they are doing this. This is extremely bad UE. Very annoying to user. Please help!

Topic: New Alert system is buggy
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 10:18:57 AM

I started to use the new alert system this week. I found it to be very buggy. i keep adding new trendline alerts but it never shows up on my alert list window. When I quit TC2000 and logged back in, all of the sudden, they all show up on my list. Now I was put on a charge multiple times for the same alert!!!

Worse yet, alert that I created over the weekend, it passed the condition but it never fires, no popup window or sound play. I found out only after the fact. 

The company should not charge your customer with such buggy system!!! This is very unfair to your long time subscribers!

Ken

Topic: How to draw a parallel line
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 2:21:41 AM
Hi Bruce:The code is nice but does not work for my situation. The reason being unlike PP which has only 7 lines to draw, in my situation, I have a list of support/resistance lines (unknown ahead of time) based on a complex model calculation. I like to draw them as lines on the price chart so I can visually detect if price hitting those lines. So all I need is an API method to draw a horizontal line (or a rectangle is better)on the price chart when needed. How can I accomplish this? Thanks again!Ken
Topic: Can we plug in other data source to get Future data?
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2012 2:34:02 AM
I love to use StockFinder. But the biggest problem I have with it compares to other sw like MetaStock is StockFinder's lack of FX and Future. Is there any other data source we can purchase to plug into MetaStock to obtain these data feeds?Ken
Topic: How to draw a parallel line
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:27:08 PM
I am using manual looping to perform a complex calculation.Once I find a pattern, I need to draw horizontal lines on the price chart or draw a region. Think of it like the pivot points that I need draw lines for the support/resistance levels. How can I use RealCode to do it? There is no drawing API to use from the documentation. Please help!Thanks,Ken
Topic: Setting a chart to EOD only
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 10:03:24 PM
OK, thanks Bruce.
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:14:56 PM
By the way, I have a simple question. When I tried to save any chart in the system, I always get a system null pointer exception. But saving layout works fine. Is this a known bug? How can I avoid it? The chart I have is very simple. Just price and a moving average. Nothing else.
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:26:34 PM
This is great! Thanks Bruce. I did not know before such thing exists
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 10:48:33 PM
can you please elaborate? Thanks,Ken
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:57:34 PM
I have a Platinum account. But with a particular chart, I do not want my calculations to be affected with real time data feed. How can I set a chart to be End Of Day only mode so that during the trading hours, my calculations on that chart stay as at the previous day's close?