Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: AlanK
About
User Name: AlanK
Groups: Blocks Member, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: BackScan TSV Divergence
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 4:01:53 PM
Thanks Craig. I appreciate the help and will let you know how it works for me.
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 3:39:11 PM
I guess I should have been checking back earlier. Don Worden placed a note on the WPO chart today (12/20/06) that describes it quite well. The tsv line did not drop as low as the price on the last dip.
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:05:45 AM
I would like to create a backscan that will identify stocks that are bottoming with a divergent TSV. These stocks tend to form a W bottom where the TSV is positively divergent at the second swing in the W. I have been using TSV in BackScan but cannot figure out how to get it to recognize divergence.
Thanks.
Topic: Moving linear regression.
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2006 1:38:36 PM
I don't have a PCF for the crossing. I just have the 2 lines on my chart and watch for them to cross.
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2006 12:29:49 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the reply guys; much appreciated.
I do not know enough about the terms you guys use, and am at a total loss when it comes to deciding if I need "Percent True" or "Custom Cumulative". So, I'm very pleased to be able to rely on you for help.

I am attempting to create an indicator that will give an indication each time my lines cross (as Doug has noted). When they cross in a positive direction I look to go long and on the negative signal go short. Ultimately, I'd like to be alerted when the indicator triggers, but, I would at least like to be able to back test my methodology. My actual strategy (the parameters of my moving LR's) is something that I'd like to keep to myself for the time being if you don't mind.

I am available at (phone number removed by moderator) if you'd like to discuss this directly.

Thanks.
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2006 9:11:23 AM
I use the interaction of 2 moving linear regression lines as a trend indicator. I would like to include my moving LR's in a Custom Cumulative Indicator that will track the occurrences of my lines crossing. Can you please help me with this?
Thanks.
Topic: NYSE 1 point movers
Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2005 11:25:06 AM
Craig,

Thank you very much for the prompt and thorough reply. It really is a pleasure working with you.
Topic: NYSE 1 point movers
Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2005 11:08:45 AM
Hi,

Can you tell me if there is a way to identify NYSE stocks that have a 1 point range or greater over a defined time period? I'd like to determine this intraday as well. I don't see a way to select NYSE only stocks and my impression is that such a scan can only be performed for daily charts.

Thanks for the help,
Al
Topic: PCF for Intraday Movers
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 2:23:09 PM
Can you please describe the "Total Move" PCF for me in English? It appears to be providing me with interesting picks and I'd like to know what it's doing.

Thanks,
Al
Topic: PCF for Intraday Movers
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 2:17:28 PM
Hello Craig,
Thanks for the prompt reply. These PCF's appear to calculate based upon daily moves. If that's the case, in order to to get intraday information, I would need to compare changes to the top stocks in the list as I run scans throughout the day. Correct?