Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: hfowler
About
User Name: hfowler
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Relative Strength Indicator
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:56:02 PM

I'm referring to Wilder's Relative Strength. In the Technical Analysis A to Z book, they give the basic formula. When I calculate the formula, the results do not match yours no matter what period I use, e.g. the standard 14 day or shorter one, 9 day. Evidently, I've missed a step so that's why I asked what method you use for your calculations. The more specific, the better.

Topic: Relative Strength Indicator
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:00:33 AM
In Achelis' Technical Analysis from A to Z, he gives the formula for calculating the RSI. After using this method, I came up with different numbers from what you have. My question is: What is your method of calculating the RSI?
Thank you for your help, again.
Topic: ADX follow up
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 6:34:12 PM
Bruce,
I wanted to get back to you to express my appreciation for helping me with the steps used to calculate the ADX. While I did search the Internet, the information was in bits and pieces. It was not arranged in an understandable manner the way you presented it. Thanks again. I'm sure some time in the future, I'll ask another question.
Topic: ADX Indicator
Posted: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 6:07:55 PM
Yes, I reviewed your two training videos on the ADX indicator. They were very helpful and are one of the reasons I want to investigate further. The pcf formulas posted are far too lengthy to want to use. What I'm looking for is the original formula for the ADX Indicator. I thought that you might have it as it is set up on your software. If there is anyone out there who has the original formula, I would certainly appreciate it.
Topic: ADX Indicator
Posted: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 2:44:22 PM
I'm interested in the formula for calculating the Average Directional Movement Index. Other than buying Wilder's book, New Concepts in Technical Trading, would you have the formula as the ADX is displayed on your software as one of several indicators. Hopefully, the formula will give me the numbers of +DI and -DI, too. I would like to work with all three numbers.
Topic: Constructing Channels
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2007 11:23:17 PM
Yes, I would like to duplicate Bernstein's technique. He uses a 10-day period for the moving average of the highs and an 8-day period for the moving average of the lows. In other words, how do you do it?
Hank
Topic: Constructing Channels
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 8:09:41 PM
I picked up a book by Jake Bernstein the other day. In it, he talks about constructing channels. Instead of using the closing prices to construct channels, he uses the daily highs and lows as channel parameters. Can I do this with TC software? If so, how?
Hank