Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: PeterPan
About
User Name: PeterPan
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Need 5 PCFs, thanks!
Posted: Monday, August 4, 2008 3:50:47 PM
Thanks.

I have ATR10. But I kind think that maybe you have program that can automatically generate ATR10.1, ATR10.2, ATR10.3, ATR10.4 for me. Too many numbers, very easy to go wrong. 

If no such kind of program, then fine, I can try to modify ATR10 to generate my own.
Topic: Need 5 PCFs, thanks!
Posted: Saturday, August 2, 2008 12:30:48 PM
Hi, someone help me creating 5 PCFs, thanks.

I want 10 days Average True Range, say ATR10. The 5 PCFs are:

ATR10
ATR10.1 (1 day ago)
ATR10.2 (2 days ago)
ATR10.3 (3 days ago)
ATR10.4 (4 days ago)

Topic: TSV18 > AVG( TSV18, 10 ) for 3 days? 5 days?
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2007 11:46:32 AM
QUOTE (bustermu)
PeterPan,

As far as MS and TSV are concerned, you seem to be making statements about filters you choose to place upon the raw data of each rather than inherent properties of the indicators. The major difference in the two is that stated in 2) of my previous post.

As for BOP, I know nothing about it.

Thanks,
Jim Murphy

Well, actually, I am trying to use the "inherent properties" of the indicators and that's why I keep asking for differences between MS and TSV. And yes, you're right. I do use MS and TSV as filters in scan, but after that I also check them on the chart for divergence. I'm just kind of unsure if MS and TSV are similar in nature, why I use them both. Currently my explanation to myself is, like what Bruse said, MS and TSV reflect different aspects of the price and volume and so it's worth to check them both.
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2007 11:16:54 AM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
Peter Worden doesn't like BOP

I don't believe this is an accurate statement.

You can email Mr. Worden via support@worden.com and ask him, if you like.

Keep in mind all three use volume and price in combination but do it in a different manner.

Right. It is not that he doesn't like BOP. In one of his "Interpreting..." CDs, he mentioned that since TSV and MS work fine for him, he'd like to stick to what he is used to. Something like that.
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2007 10:09:55 PM
Thanks Jim. So here is the further question:

From what I've learnt, best use indicators of different nature. So if MS, TSV and BOP are similar in nature, why the Wordens seem to use mainly of them. I don't see they use other indicators except the MA and MACD (which is used only in scan, they never plot it on the chart).

I found BOP doesn't work for most of charts but if it works it's quite accurate. MS seems like a cumulative indicator to me (However Bruce's tip for 5 days MS seems to prove me wrong), so it reflects rather long term trend while TSV is the most sensitive among the three. And according to this, I guess, it might be reasonable to use both MS and TSV at the same time and also that is why Peter Wodern doesn't like BOP.
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2007 1:27:15 PM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
The trainers cannot give settings, interpretation or investment advice. That said, I do not see MS and TSV as being the same. You may wish to review the following:

Basic Info on BOP, TSV and MoneyStream

Well the link is the same as Online help. I still don't see any intrinsic differences among TSV, MS and BOP. They all measure money flow in or out for security. When I mean differences, I mean the difference in nature. Such as moving average vs RSI. They are different as they measure different things. I consider TSV, MS and BOP basically the same kind as CMF and OBV. Can you or anyone help me to clarify this? This is not a settings, interpretation or investment advice, I assume.
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2007 1:05:18 PM
Thanks Bruce. The MS tip is enough. I can use multiple days MS instead of using both MS and TSV, as looks to me, TSV and MS in most time act almost the same. (Correct me if I am wrong, thanks) The Visual Back Test is a good solution too.
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2007 12:25:17 PM
Sorry, I might not make the question clear. I actually want TSV18 for 3, 5 bars, MS for 3, 5 bars. Not TSV18 or MS to compare their values 3 or 5 days ago.

The simple TSV18 for 3, 5 bars, I guess, are TSV54 and TSV90 but I don't think its precise.
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2007 11:50:22 AM
Hi guys,

How to write the following PCF:
1. TSV18 > AVG( TSV18, 10 ) for 3 and 5 days?
2. MS > MS22 for 3 and 5 days?

I assume I cannot simply times 3 and 5 for 3 and 5 days, right? Is there any tool I can use to generate multiple days PCF like the multiple days MACD tool used for "Winning Stock Selection Volume 2"?

Thanks in advance.