Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: persyeq
About
User Name: persyeq
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: CYNO showing some strength
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2007 9:27:11 PM
May I ask what scanners you were using to pick these stocks Mammon?

I too liked these picks very much and agree with fpetry's comments, but with the market's recent instability I'm working on a few new strategies when scanning for stocks. I've lost some confidence in the system I've used in the past and now am looking to branch out. I do, however, think these are very nice picks, and am interested as to how you found them.

~Persyeq
Topic: MEMY (Good swing pattern)
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 7:39:48 PM
Apsll,

I like this one too. I'm going to buy in first thing in the morning. I haven't had a chance to look into the buy signals you talked about, but I'd like to learn more about them. Would you mind telling us the signals you used to find this one?

~Persyeq
Topic: SONS good swing & decision point
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 1:30:24 AM
I agree with jcfla. If there were more exchanges like this on opinion of stock indicators, I think we could really get some interesting spreads of ideas.

~Persy
Topic: SONS good swing & decision point
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 12:08:51 AM
Hello all.

I'm new to this board, but not to investing in general. I have been using different indicators here and there trying to make the best of my limited knowledge of all the differing types available. I've been looking into SONS personally, but don't know really what to look for here. I looked up HaveNoCent's formula for stock ratios and I like the idea, but on this stock in particular, I don't think that ratio is high enough to put a lot of faith into. Feel free to badger me if I'm way out of the ballpark on this one, but I see the momentum of the uptrend from Dec 11 - Jan 15 slowing, if not reversing. If this is true, then the probability of the stock reaching $8/share again is extremely rare, until another uptrend occurs. After seeing today's drop, I don't think that uprend will be anytime soon. I'd look for a double white candle or something like a morning star. I'd definitely avoid using the bullish harami as an indicator, especially as the most recent one has brought one 'up' day followed by one 'down' day.

Just my two cents. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I kinda see this as a learning experience, and everyone's input is helpful.

~Persy