Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: paradice
About
User Name: paradice
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 13
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: volume rate of change
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2015 11:31:21 AM

Can vroc be measured as a percentage. if so, how do I change the setting?

Topic: gross margin
Posted: Sunday, August 5, 2012 11:29:12 PM

I'm setting up a new column using gross margin from the fundamental list.

The value is expressed as a dollar amount . Can this be changed to a percentage?

Also is the dollar amount shown an annualized figure?

Topic: The Worden report Friday April 13th, 2007
Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 7:30:53 PM
Buy and Sell signals from Sir Geologist

I've written the Tab A formula and it seems to be working correctly.
However, when attempting to write Tab B I think I'm translating (Tab A +) incorrectly.
Could you please write out Tab B as it should be.

Thanks 
Paradice
Topic: CMS and TSV
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 9:43:32 AM
In trying to better understand what information these indicators provide I was reading the background Telechart Help provides on their early development. It seems that from Tick-Vol. data in the beginning stages  to its current form it measures money flowing in and out of a stock by, perhaps , subtracting the difference in the high and close from the difference in the low and close. This seems to be a cumulative approach to measuring money moving in and out.
When it comes to TSV  it measures price and volume at various times of the day. Is the difference in these two indicators that CMS does not consider volume. I understand that these are proprietary  indicators and you are limited in your explaination so my question is do these two indicators measure the same thing and if not what are the differences in the data they use.

Thanks
paradice
Topic: volume
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2007 9:51:43 AM
my question is about the word volume in the On Balance Volume indicator . Does it refer to the dollar value of stocks bought or sold or the number of stocks bought or sold ?
I would also appreciate some clearity of the word volume in the TSV and BOP indicators-is it a measure of dollars or issues. And is Money stream an indication of dollar amounts or issue amounts?
Topic: PCFs
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2007 12:30:45 PM
I am attempting to write the pcfs from sir geologist in the 04/13/07 report. When typing the formula from TabA under Buy Signals into the new pcf window the formula line will not start a second line when it reaches the far right . Instead it continues to the write and is unviewable. How can I get the formula line to return to thew left so I can see the entire formula in a paragraph form?
Also, under TabB how do I write the beginning part of this formula (TABA+)? Does this mean to simply write the TabA formula then follow with AND?
Topic: Volatility as per TC2005
Posted: Sunday, August 6, 2006 1:02:55 PM
I have a couple of questions(points of interest?)concerning bustyermu's posting on volatility. To begin with I'm not too clear on the meaning of magnatude here. Is it refering to the individual stock's ave.true range or a cumlative gain (or loss ) in price. Also, by definition this is a comparison of an individual stock to all stocks. If the value of an individual stock is found by multiplying by 10 instead of dividing by the median of all stock averages where is the relative comparison unless it is done by ranking?
Topic: scaling
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2006 3:35:58 PM
Diceman

If I subtract the long term MA from the Short term MA for the day the MACD line is at .73 I get .73. What you are saying is the short term MA is 73cents higher than the long term. That makes sense.
If I move to TSV my parameters are 321 to-321. Is this
the volume , dollar , or an equated value?
Topic: scaling
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2006 2:14:38 PM
In comparing the MACD of 2 stocks I see that the scaling parameters are different numbers (i.e. .73 to -.73 and 1.43 to -1.43). Do these numbers represent a percentage of a standard deviation determined for each individual stock? If so, is the standard deviation based on historical highs and lows of each individual stock? If this is also correct,why do the numbers in the scaling change as I zoom out year to year?
Topic: TSV and Moneystream
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2006 9:27:35 AM
Could you explain the difference in what is being measured with MS and TSV. As far as I can see they are both measuring the flow of money in and out of a stock. Although MS is cumulative I see a negative number in the scaling which tells me it has had to pass down through a zero point giving it pretty much the same measuring capabilities as TSV. I quess my question is what can I numerically measure with these 2 indicators and why is the scaling different?