Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ufdn16
About
User Name: ufdn16
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: point&figure charts
Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2014 10:49:43 AM

Does anyone know if Worden is considering providing point and figure charting? Or, can anyone recommend another service that provides same. Thanks

Topic: CHECK MY SYNTAX
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 9:47:56 AM
(AVGC21/AVGC50) > (AVGC21.1/AVGC50.1)I created this Fx and then clicked on Update.The formula was not updated.Is there something wrong with the syntax I'm using?David
Topic: Personal Criteria formula not updating.
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 4:31:24 PM
(AVGC21/AVGC50) > (AVGC21.1/AVGC50.1)I created this Fx and then clicked on Update.The formula was not updated.Is there something wrong with the syntax I'm using?David
Topic: NEED HELP ON THIS FORMULA
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 3:02:25 PM
oh ...........................Well, why didn't you just say so.   that's a little joke. real little. very tiny. goodbye..........................................for now.
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 2:31:43 PM
I must be missing something.  I copied your formula and pasted it to a new pcf.

I opened a new graph then edited to select indicator. I selected the new pcf(with your formula)

I then received an a message "formula error:must not be boolean"

Also, I used your formula as a scan to find stocks that cross. That didn't work.

I know that avgc15/avgc50:10 period gives me a very smooth line.  And, when add its own 10 day moving avg I get another very smooth line that I can use to cross.  Isn't the scan simply shown as :

the 10 day moving average of (avgc15/avgc50:10 period) being lower today and higher yesterday?

Is there proper syntax to accomplsh this without writing a long formula?
David
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 10:00:57 AM
Jim, I'm sorry that Bruce spent so much time on the formula he provided. I tried it and it didn't work. Let me start from the beginning of my request again.  I set up a pcf defined as AVGC15 / AVGC50 and took it to period 10 sma.  Then I edited this line by taking a 10 period ma of AVGC15 / AVGC50 to period 10.  What I get is to very smooth lines crossing from time to time revealing pretty good buy and sell points.  So, the results are quite satisfactory.  Now I want to scan for stocks that have recently crossed.  I would think a simple syntax would be available.  Maybe not. David
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:41:23 AM
I have been using simple smoothing.
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 4:29:06 PM
I'm using the following formulas as an indicator (cross shows change in direction
(AVGC15 / AVGC50) 10 period .  Then I take a 10 moving average of it for further smoothing. I use monthly and get pretty good indicator. I want to screen for when the indicator moves above the 10 day moving average of itself.  I can get the scan to operate but it doesn't give me what I want. Can you help with the syntax?

Thanks, David
Topic: Percent of a Universe that is over its 50 day moving average.
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:39:07 AM
OK But how is it different from Telechart? Is the site I can go to and read about StockFinder? David
Topic: Percent of a Universe that is over its 50 day moving average.
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:20:31 AM
Thanks. What is Stock Trader? And, do I have access to it as a gold member? David