Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: michaelfili
About
User Name: michaelfili
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 65
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Rank within and industry...
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 10:56:10 AM
Perfect! I actually just found that as well! Thanks!
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 10:11:27 AM
Also, for it to be useful I have to know how many stocks there are in the industry group. Is there any way display some type of percentage rating or relative rating to better get a feel for where it stands relative to its peers?For example a rank of 3 out of 50 is excellent, but a rank of 3 out of 5 is questionable....
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 10:03:42 AM
Hi I would like to create a plot or sort (or whatever works), that will allow me to see the stocks rank within it's Main Industry Group. Thank you so much. You guys are the best, really.
Topic: Bollinger Band Percentage....
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 2:33:35 PM
Awesome, you're the best. One last question... How can I make a plot that spits out the percentage that price is from its rolling 52-week high (or 250 period on a daily chart)?
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 1:36:47 PM
Yes, you are correct. I wasn't reading it correctly. Is there anyway to make it oscillate around 50 and have the extremes be 0? That would be amazing.
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 1:29:53 PM
Thank you for the rank condition btw...
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 1:28:38 PM
When I put it into stockfinder, it has the upper value of the indicator as 50, and the bottom value as 0...
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 1:27:49 PM
In its current form, it is hard for me to tell what percentage away from the extremes price is resting. For example, if it is above or below the top/bottom band i would like a reading of 0, and if it is anywhere inside of the bands I would like it to read from 50 outwards. 50 of course being the midpoint of the bollinger bands (20SMA).
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 1:16:48 PM
I entered the code into stockfinder and realized that when price is "overbought" it says 50... Is there anyway to make the midpoint between the bollinger bands 50 and then extremes 0? This would allow my to be able to tell what percentage away price is from the extremes.
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 1:11:43 PM
Thank you so much! I was also wondering if there was a way to rank the worden industry list by %gain over x periods.Thanks!