Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jansiwed4
About
User Name: jansiwed4
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Bollinger band moving up
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:32:44 PM
Bruce,

I really don't understand your explanation (8/5/11) of creating an fx of the top Bollinger Band.  

Would you just give me an algebraic equation I can use for the fx.  I'd like to create a scan using the fx of the high or close being more than the top bollinger band (I have bollinger bands displayed in my charts.  They are very useful to me.)

So, if possible, I'd like the algegraic equation whereby I can scan all the stocks in the universe of stocks using stocks whose close or high is above the top bollinger band.

I use Telechart 2007, version 6.0.0066

Topic: Custom Date Sort for Watchlist Personal Index
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 1:40:57 PM
How do I create my own Market Index of the stocks I peruse inTelechart 2007?
Topic: Personal Criteria Formula: OR/AND
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:52:35 AM
I've been using Telechart for a while, but I have never understood the PCF OR/AND distinction.
I thought OR would be used when either/or logic was needed; but I can't seem to use it for that (so I use AND-and it seems to work).

Would you tell me the distinction in Telechart PCF between OR and AND.  

Also would you give me a brief and simple example and explanation of each (preferably using the same formula, but one having AND and the other OR.)
Topic: Weekly data (not the 5th Day's Data)
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:27:19 PM
Thanks, Bruce, for the speedy reply.

It will take me some time to digest the logic in the formulas.

The way you converted volume to weekly is ingenious (I'd never before considered using AVG for this).  As a matter of fact, it puzzles me why you the same logic isn't used with C (closes); although, I realize it won't be an exact match with weekly, like volume it will be close.

Also, I'm not sure I understand the MAX PCF as you stated it.  As I understood it in what I've read in the PCF explanation in Worden help on my computer (I haven't read the links you sent me; perhaps, the info will be in there).  The Max tells you the highest high (or close, or low) for a certain period. For instance, MAXH5 would mean the highest high in the last 5 periods.

But what does the number after the . mean?  You say, "...it is a day's ago parameter"-but what exactly does that mean. That MAXH5.2 means the highest high in the last 3 days (5-2) or does it mean the highest high in the last 2 days (The ".2" indicating the last 2 days)?

Both of these interpetations, as I view it, can be read as "days ago parameters"

Anyway, you have a nice weekend, and many thanks again.
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:29:17 PM
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:28:16 PM
Sir:
     Would you send me the formula for using weekly data.

Not the 5th day from the prior week (ie, C-C5 or V-V5), but the full 5 days from the prior week's full 5 days.

Will I have to use C + C1+ C2 + C3 + C4 (or using volume:  V + V1....)?

I was using my Personal Criteria Formulas (PCF), and I accidentally deleted my weekly equation.

( I'm sorry for not being acquainted with the protocols of this forum; the phone line modem I use is too slow to receive the WebMovie information on how to use forums.  Also, I'm an individual investor (this is my job), and I don't have time to search on the forum for how to do a specific task.)

I put my Email address below, because I'm not sure I can find my way back to this area again.  I've been a member since the early 90's so I am grateful for any forebearance the Worden Trainers show me....

Bryan Taplits
Cincinnati, OH
(email removed by moderator)
Topic: AVCI
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 4:15:37 PM
What is the deal with AVCI.

On the daily chart, OBV is higher than the September, 2006 high. But on the weekly chart it is much lower.

In sum, on the daily chart it looks like an OBV winner, but on a weekly chart it is plummeting, and looks like it hasn't eaten its Wheaties.

(The reason I'm writing you is that the E-mail address on Worden's support menu is invalid. Every time I post it, it bounces back a few minutes later. The mailer-daemon says: the "service is unavailable".)

Bryan Taplits
Cincinnati, OH
User # 96965