New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Michaelc1507
About
User Name: Michaelc1507
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 265
[0.09% of all post / 0.07 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: SMI change please
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:05:14 PM

Bruce - from your previous examples - I'm trying to be able to modify this without emailing you each time.

Your post to me on 5/15 at 10:34 is a 15 period.  So when I input stochastics in V7 the pop-up gives us 3 choices.  Can I use this to approximate the SMI formula?  If so, how?

Thanks - Mike

Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:03:23 PM

Bruce - this one confuses me - it seems like I should be able to set this up on our V7 Stochastic - except that one uses the mid-point and one uses the full trading range - not true??

Thanks again - Mike

Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:47:06 PM

Morning Bruce - please ignore my other posts and make this a 6 period SMI with the 15 ema for V7 for me.  Please make a non-double smoothed and a double smothed version so I can compare. 

Thanks - Mike

Topic: SMI
Posted: Thursday, June 08, 2017 9:20:55 AM

Morning Bruce - would you please reverse your previous example for me - make it a 6 period - non double smoothed - 15 ema for v7 - 

Thanks again - Mike

Posted: Monday, May 15, 2017 1:53:41 PM

Bruce - thanks again - I'm going to have to watch these for awhile - they are so close!

Mike

Posted: Saturday, May 13, 2017 10:40:56 AM

OK - Bruce - thanks for all your help so far - I think I'm over-thinking this.  Just to be sure though - if I use the non-double smoothed calculations, it's a tad faster than the double smoothed, correct??

Now, would you please stack these for me for comparisons =

Double smoothed 15,6 SMI

Non-Double smoothed

Thanks again - Mike

Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 6:28:30 PM

Thanks Aces for the example - looks like it matches my program example.  Only thing missing is the moving average line for crosses - like a Stochastic cross.  Bruce, I'm wondering if a 15 ema on the above index line from Aces would be possible??  I can't find any formulas for you as they only have two inputs. 

Thanks - Mike

Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 3:52:11 PM

Hey thanks - you're too quick - I think I must have asked the question wrong.  Let me try again because what I'm looking for are two lines like say the 12-3-3 Stochastic.  The periods would be 6 and the ema would be 8 and they would cross up and down a zero line.  I read about this in Stockcharts.

Thanks again - Mike

Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 3:01:38 PM

Morning Bruce - would you please make me a formula for the Stochastic Momentum Index using

6 periods and an 8 ema and no double smoothing and let me know what to check off in the custom

indicator box.     Thanks - Mike

Topic: Ichimoku Cloud
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 9:48:27 AM

Thanks Bruce - amazing what you math guys can do!!

Mike