Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: retgood
About
User Name: retgood
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: trailing stop calculation
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:28:59 AM
In Stockfinder 5.0 bld 39 I have set up a backtest that has 1 entry rule based on 150 day ma and one exit rule: 4% trailing stop. This seems to have some good results for a given watch list, but produced the following trade that seems to violate the rule:For SCCO, buy on 9/7/10 @ $31.64 sell on 3/10/11 @ $38.99Sure, a profit. But meanwhile SCCO had closed at $48.84 on 12/30/10, from which down 4% would have been $46.86. It closed at $46.53 on 1/7/11 which should have triggered a sell the following day @ $45.50.What happened to my 4% trailing stop? It was not triggered.Thanks for any help.
Topic: Point&figure
Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 3:04:05 PM
QUOTE (mdfalco)

Team,

I have several questions.

Imagine a symbol with a reversal box defined of 1$. If I click in properties to not allow one box reversals, what is the reversal considered? two (2$) or more boxes? normally I use a 3-box reversal, could  this be a parameter?
I don´t understan very well the following properties,

-Boxes allow per colum: It´s seems that is only a Style option??? A p&f chart paints all the boxes needed each box should be in this case 1$, Seems that if a colum is for 5 dollars instead of put five crosses, you can adjust using the number of boxes using this parameter. 

-Required Percent to Draw a box: it seems this parameter don´t work and the chart is lead by the Abs reversal value you fix in the chart.

Am i misunderstanding somenthing?

thanks for your help

I followed this thread and never found a clear answer.
Standard  P&F is to stat a new  column with the opposite symbol (x,o) when price moves 3 boxes in opposite direction  from prior  close --  no matter how long that takes (days, weeks,  etc.).

What I see, instead,  however, is a second column of x or o beside the first one, extending  the run in the same direction. This is not  standard  P&F behavior.

If Stock Finder cannot  provide this standard,  please say so  clearly. Otherwise, please tell  us  how to achieve it with the parameters you are providing and define meaning of 50%  (is that really 5.0% ?).

Thank you.
Topic: moving strategies between two computers - how
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 12:37:57 PM
I can use (and have) telechart on two computers, used at different times of day, etc.

Ditto for Blocks.

But how do I move strategies from one computer to the other?

I've searched for various combinations of terms but don't find any likely hits.

Thanks

Michael Rulison, 989
----------------------------------------------
(contact information removed by moderator)
----------------------------------------------