Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: duketrade
About
User Name: duketrade
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Gapping Simple Question
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:57:58 PM
Thanks both and it does help.
Topic: Gapping Simple Question
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:22:02 PM

When a stock "gaps" at the opening, does that mean the stock opens higher or lower than the entire previous day's trading range or just higher or lower than the previous day's close?

Many thanks.

Topic: ATR as a Sell Stop
Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 8:43:46 PM
Thanks Monte and Bruce.  I'm going to re-read Faith.  That's probably where I first heard the term.  Looking for new ways to manage downside risk to stay with this market longer.
Topic: ATR as a Sell Stop
Posted: Monday, January 3, 2011 10:41:14 PM
I've heard ATR can be used to identify reasonable points for sell stop losses.  Would like to ask two questions:

1- Have any readers used ATR to  identify stops/trailing stops and if so, was it successful in managing risk?

2- Can TC2000 be used to calculate ATR and if so, how?

Thanks
Topic: PCF for finding 3 and two week pendants
Posted: Sunday, September 2, 2007 5:46:11 PM
I'm playing with a PCF thata I'm hoping will help me spot symetrical pendants and consolidation. My three week formula is:

(MAXH5.15 >= MAXH5.10 >= MAXH5.5) AND (MINL5.15 <= MINL5.10 <= MINL5.5)

I'm attempting to tell the computer to find stocks where the max 5 day high 15 days ago is greater than the max 5 day 10 days ago and the max 5 day high for the last 10 days is greater than the max 5 day high for the latest 5 days. The min portion is the inverse.

I am getting resulting charts, but not all look like what I was expecting. Can anyone tell me if my formula is correct?
Topic: New high for a 25 day range
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 7:54:15 PM
I'm wanting to put together a new personal criteria formula that shows when a stock makes a new high over a 25 day period. I've been trying to use:

H>MaxH2.25 thinking that does it. However, it seems to be spitting out anything that has a high price that was higher than the one day high price on the exact 25th previous day.

Also, what does the "period 2 (or 3,4...etc) mean and do for me?

DD