Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jimirak
About
User Name: jimirak
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 25
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Macro Express Unhooked on Version 7
Posted: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:43:34 PM

I have attempted to write a macro in the Macro Express software to update the data in version 7 but TC2000 does not seem to allow this to happen because once the cursor is placed on the TC2000 window, mouse locations are not recorded. ME tech support says that TC2000 appears to be blocking the mouse hooks. The only hooks that seem to work when the cursor is on the window is the pixel color.

Do you know about this?

Topic: Wilders RSI crosses its Value of 30 in the Last 1 Day
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 6:09:49 PM
Hi Bruce,

I just used the Wilders RSI PCF expression which you defined for me in your post on Wednesday, March 23, 2011. 

For Friday's update April 29, the scan I use the expression in gave me the results I was expecting with one exception, ie, it did not return symbol DMD because the Wilder's PCF did not return DMD. I am also plotting the Widers RSI graph in a lower pane (Period 10, Moving Average 1 smoothing applies), and I can see that for this symbol the curve does indeed cross over the value of 30 in the last one day. 

So I wonder why this Wilders PCF did not return DMD. It did nicely return the 11 other stocks I was looking for in the composite scan.

Any ideas?

Jim
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:08:14 AM
Thanks, a LOT, Bruce.

I was not aware of the RSI smoothing in Telechart as being associated with Wilders and I will look into how that is done. But in any case, I really appreciate having the PCF.

Jim
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:48:10 AM
BTW, I have used the quicksort feature in version 11 to sort on the cross of the 30 value, but it would be desirable for me to have this condition as part of  the scan (as a PCF).
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:46:05 AM
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:45:09 AM
Hi Bruce,

Sorry about that, I forgot that you are not a mindreader :>).

The parameters I am interested in are:

Avg Type      = simple
   Avg Period    = 1  
   RSI Period    = 10

As for smoothing, I would have to say that this should be unchecked. In stockfinder where I have used a condition on this Wilders in the past, there is no smoothing parameter in the setup window that I can see, just the above three parameters, unless it is smoothed by default.

Jim
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 7:25:54 PM
Hi Bruce,

I see the math exprssion for Wilder's RSI is quite complex. Can you please give me the PCF code for the condition:

Wilders RSI crosses above its value of 30 in the last one day.

Many Thanks, 

Jim
Topic: StockFinder calculation Time
Posted: Saturday, November 6, 2010 4:36:42 PM

Below is a simple program that calculates a higher trading range bar in a certain way. The code runs and gives me the results I expect.

The issue is how long it takes to calculate this simple condition for a given watch list.

For example, if I drop this condition into a filter and run the filter, it takes 10 minutes to filter a watchlist of 3529 symbols. This seems ridiculous because in Telechart, I have many conditions, and a number of them more complex than this, and the update PCF's for approximately 7600 items takes very little time. I can see where a scan would take more time because every bar in the chart must be evaluated, but if I understand a filter correctly, it is only evaluating the last bar on the chart, as does Telechart. Actually, the filter might take as long to complete as does the scan.

I am running on a new fast Imac and I use Parallels as my windows emulator. I have over 7 gigibytes of memory assigned to the virtual windows machine. Even now, when I am playing with Stockfinder with larger watchlists from Telechart, I sometimes get a message that there are no more resources available and then the windows start to become corrupted.

Over the years I tried Stockfinder (or Blocks) twice on a trial basis and declined it based on it bringing my computer to its knees, and this still may be happening. Something must be fundamentally wrong with my current setup. I have all kinds of uses for Stockfinder now so I hope I can get past this critical problem.

Dim range As Single, maxrange As Single, rangetoday As Single
Dim i As Integer, toprange As Single, range4 As Single

rangetoday = PH.value - open.value
toprange = 0
maxrange = 0

For i = 1 To 2
 range = PH.Value(i) - open(i)
 If range >= toprange Then toprange = range
Next i

If rangetoday >= toprange Then toprange = rangetoday
range4 = PH.value(3) - open.value(3)

For i = 4 To 23
 range = PH.Value(i) - open(i)
 If range >= maxrange Then maxrange = range
Next i

If  range4 >= maxrange And range4 > toprange _
 And PH.Value <= high.Value(3) And low.Value >= low.Value(3) _
 Then pass

Topic: Real Code Condition Not Working
Posted: Saturday, November 6, 2010 4:18:08 PM
Thanks a lot, Bruce. I suspected that SMA20 was the problem and now I am working on learning how to debug  realcode so I can see what's happening. I do a lot of VB programming and rely on its debugger.
Topic: Real Code Condition Not Working
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 11:07:08 AM

Here is a simple condition I want to use to ID stocks that have a high or a low price within 10 percent above the 20 day moving average. I have a user defined indicator of that moving average called 20SMA.
This does not seem to be working.

'|******************************************************************
 '# PH = indicator.Library.Price

'#High = indicator.Library.High

'#Low = indicator.Library.Low

'#SMA20 = indicator.MyLibrary.SMA20

Dim delow As Single, delhi As Single

delow = low.value / SMA20.value
delhi = high.value / SMA20.value

If   delow <= 1.1 And delow >= 1.0 Or _
     delhi <= 1.1 And delhi >= 1.0 Then pass