Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Designer
About
User Name: Designer
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 317
[0.11% of all post / 0.05 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Price change from point in time
Posted: Friday, January 7, 2011 10:42:07 AM
Bruce,
Can this indicator be modified so rather than manually editing the date, it is based on the first date on the chart? (both daily and for minute charts)
Thanks
Topic: CCI Double Bottom Strategy Help
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:01:25 PM
Bruce, Thanks very much ...it works very well.
One quick question... could you ad an alert to the code so it can give a signal in my watchlist when the condition is met...
Thanks
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:42:34 PM
Bruce,   X to be a range rather than an exact number ... asume 10 to 20 bars but I would like to be able to modify this number.
Thanks
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 12:19:11 PM
I would like to have a code for entering positions in stocks when the CCI forms a double bottom :
1- Enter Long when CCI crosses up thru -100 and 
2- CCI  has crossed up -100 X number of bars ago (I would like to have the option to modify number of bars ago and the bars range) and 
3- CCI was (timewise) after condition 2 and before condition 1 above -100 and below 0.

The strategy is both for daily and intra day minutes timeframes.

Thanks in advance.
Topic: Buy Morning Gap based on percentage
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 8:30:32 PM
I need help creating a strategy for:

BUY If the stock gaps up at morning open at a selected percentage of previous day close.
Say I want to buy if morning gap is up between 0.25% and 1% of previous day close. (I would like to be able to change the percentages for backtesting.)

SELLSHORT If the stock gaps down at morning open at a selected percentage of previous day close.
Say I want to sellshort if morning gap is down between 0.25% and 1% of previous day close.

Thanks in advance.
Topic: Entry outside previous day range
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:02:44 AM
Thank you
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 2:16:54 PM
I did but still it won't, not sure why. Could you please share the workspace. Thanks
Posted: Saturday, October 9, 2010 4:27:34 PM
Bruce,
Thanks a lot that works great... please update the code so it shows stocks that are today below previous day low as well. 
right now it is only showing me when price is above previous day hi.

Thanks
Posted: Friday, October 8, 2010 2:49:11 PM
This is the correct one I'm looking for.
If Price.Last > Price.High(1) OrElse Price.Last < Price.Low(1) Then Pass

I tried that condition but seems to work only on daily charts. How do I modify it so it works with minute charts during the session. Say for instance I have a 10 minute chart and want to enter the market as soon as the price crosses above the previous day high or as soon as current price crosses below the low of the previous day. As soon as either condition above mentioned is met I want to begin my strategy.
Hope it makes sense.
Thanks
Posted: Friday, October 8, 2010 9:58:43 AM
I would like help creating a condition/filter:
Stocks that are today above previous day high or stocks that are today below previous day low.
I would like to be able to use it as a condition in my strategies.
Thanks in advance