Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: PropKid
About
User Name: PropKid
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Simple indicator coding guidance needed
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:26:12 AM

I stand corrected. I dumped some of the SPX data to prove the ATR calculation to myself in Excel. Just don't tell my highschool math teacher that I had to do that....

Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:08:48 AM

Thanks, Bruce!

Quick follow-up:

Won't the code you offered below first calculate the average of the highs for the last 14 days, then subtract the average for the lows of the last 14 days from that? That would be a much different result than an average of H-L for each day in the same time period.

AVGH14 - AVGL14

Topic: Possible to align two charts bar for bar?
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:04:48 AM

Specifically, I have a chart group with SPX in the top chart and VIX in the bottom chart. I know how to link the Time Frame but I want the exact same number of bars in each chart and for them to be aligned one directly above the other. I've tried to do this manually but they never seem to line up correctly. This feature is present in most other charting packages I've dealt with, even ThinkOrSwims trading platform. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:47:43 AM

I've been writing code in VBA and Tradestation's Easy Language for years. I'm looking for some simple steps to follow to code indicators. Here are some specific issues:

1. How to include a variable that will be input by the users (e.g. moving average length)

2. How to apply functions to simple calculations such as taking the average of the High minus the Low for the last 14 days. I tried "AVG(H-L,14" but get an error.

Thanks very much for the assistance.

Topic: Is it possible to include info from Excel on TC2007 charts using SnapSheets?
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2006 2:21:40 PM
I have a lot of fundamental models built in Excel and I'd like to be able to include my fundamental price targets on the TC2007 charts (or in SnapSheets). Is this possible since SnapSheets uses the .NET framework? If so, can you give me some guidance about how I might go about linking the data? I have a lot of experience programming in VBA for Microsoft Office but limited experience with .NET.

Many thanks for your assistance.