Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: kostas_gr
About
User Name: kostas_gr
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 115
[0.04% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Adding indicators to relative strength (price ratios)
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:47:14 AM

I am trying to get two price lines divided (relative strength between two symbols), and be able to add to this ratio other indicators (like MA's, ROC's, etc). How can I do that (using the ten plots of relatve strength stops me from adding indicators to rel. strength)?

Topic: PCFs
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 2:15:34 PM

I am working on the latest version of TC2000 and I am trying to relate in a new indicator two indicators that pertain to two different symbols. Here is an example: Let's say we have two chart windows, one with IBM and the other with AAPL. On each window we have a ROC indicator for each symbol. Now we want to create a new indicator that combines those two and computes and plots for us the ratio between the two different symbol ROC's. This was easy to do on Stock Finder but I don't know if/how it can be done in TC2000.

Topic: Recreating TC's LinReg in SF 4.0
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:12:29 PM

Hey Bruce, I followed the link (the first did not work but the second directed me to some past content) and I opened the following link:

Attachments:
TC_LR_Channel_Visible_Chart.sfChart - 62 KB, downloaded 70 time(s).

Unfortunately, the chart loads without any graphs for any symbol. I am operating in SF 4.0--is this the problem, or something else?

Topic: Recreating TC's LinReg in SF 4.0
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 3:25:04 PM

I am trying to replicate TeleChart's LingReg bands graphs on various indicators in SF 4.0. Can a trainer help me?!

Thx

Topic: help with indicator
Posted: Sunday, May 6, 2012 12:01:45 PM

Hey Bruce, thanks for your help! I think we are getting close, but it looks like the execution of the formula I describe when done in Excel (with price inputs from StockFinder 4) vs. the formula you built give different results and so I will contact the customer service to send you my spreadsheet for you to see what the difference is--quite possibly the description I gave you is off. Stay tuned...

I appreciate it.

Posted: Friday, May 4, 2012 10:41:33 AM

I would appreciate the help of a trainer that knows the SF v. 4 tricks in creating a formula for the following simple idea:

1."T" threshold (should be selectable and changeable): e.g. 2%

2. c/c1-1 (or an 1-period ROC of closing prices expressed as decimals, e.g. 2% as 0.02)

3. for every day in the past over a selectable and changeable lookback period "L" compute( #2 - #1)

4. compute over the entire lookback period L the sum of all #3 as long as #3<=0

5. compute over the entire lookback period L the sum of all #3 as long as #3>0

6. compute (#4 / - #5) note: there is a minus before #5

In other words, over a lookback period L divide the sum of all daily returns that are each equal or less than the specified threshold value (#1) by the negative (i.e. multiplied by -1) sum of all dailiy returns that are greater than the specified threshold value (#1).

Thanks

Posted: Friday, May 4, 2012 10:40:57 AM

I would appreciate the help of a trainer that knows the SF v. 4 tricks in creating a formula for the following simple idea:

1."T" threshold (should be selectable and changeable): e.g. 2%

2. c/c1-1 (or an 1-period ROC of closing prices expressed as decimals, e.g. 2% as 0.02)

3. for every day in the past over a selectable and changeable lookback period "L" compute( #2 - #1)

4. compute over the entire lookback period L the sum of all #3 as long as #3<=0

5. compute over the entire lookback period L the sum of all #3 as long as #3>0

6. compute (#4 / - #5) note: there is a minus before #5

In other words, over a lookback period L devide the sum of all daily returns that are each equal or less than the specified threshold value (#1) by the negative (i.e. multiplied by -1) sum of all dailiy returns that are greater than the specified threshold value (#1).

Thanks

Topic: Help with formula
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:42:13 AM
Super thanks, Bruce, for your hard work in coding the spreadsheet--I am very thankful. In case this is of broader value, could you plug in the K or anybody from the developement team to help? I may reveal some problems/limitations with the program language... The type of relationships in the spreadsheet are central to many good tools and they should be within SF/TCD2000's capability rangerange.
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 6:26:25 PM
I appreciate the rework! Outside some weird numbers I have little ability to verify if we are hitting the target, but let me ask you about a discrepancy: In the spreadsheet I sent you the IF symbol produces a value of 13.74 for a LOOKBACK = 126 and SPAN = 380 on 5/19/2011 and that number is nowhere near to the numbers that either your previous formula (-49.45) or the current re-worked formula (0.01) produce. Why can't we replicate the excel values?
Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2011 1:07:27 AM

Bruce, I have had the time to play around with the indicator you coded above and it looks like it has some weird behavior--can you please recheck the coding?! I would appreciate it. 

Here it is:
The LOOKBACK annd the SPAN periods should be independent, but I noticed that when the Lookback is set at 126, then the SPAN cannot be set at much smaller values, like 9 (try that on the XME--it does not plot any recent values)... Why?!