Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: drg
About
User Name: drg
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 24
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: v18 beta missing EasyScans?
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 5:26:32 PM

I stopped using v18 because of the easyscan screw up. I'd like to try again. How do I get v18 beta to start up instead of v17?

Topic: Need better flag system, how about watchlist flags!
Posted: Monday, March 9, 2015 8:37:39 AM

The single flag option is not really cutting it for me. I do, however, have a strong need for a simnpler way to add/remove/notice watclist memberships.

How about replacing the flag checkbox that's available in watchlist columns with watchlist membership checkboxes? I.e., allow for checkbox columns labeled by watchlist names, such that checking/unchecking a box adds/removes the corresponding symbol from that watchlist.

I was praying for something like this in v12.5, but alas ...

Topic: industry component download
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2015 2:47:52 PM

Is there some place I can download a csv file with columns stock & industry for all of the stocks in TC2000?

As stocks are being added/deleted from TC2000 on a regular basis by Worden, and I am doing analysis via excel spreadsheets, having such a regulalry updated list would be a great boon to my productivity!! As it is now, I only update infrequently, as each of my updates requires the laborious proces of selecting each industry - one by one - then copying all symbols from each industry onto the clipboard and pasting the clipboard into my excel spreadhseet.

If not available now, please do make it available! Thanks.

Topic: MS?
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:03:53 PM

How do I specify MS 5 days ago? MS5 or MS1.5?

So then, what specificlly are the variables y and z in MSy.z?

Thanks.

Topic: problem with MS in pcfs
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:04:51 AM

I do not understand how MS is being rendered in the PCFs.

Example: I’m using MSFT and plotting price and MS.

On a daily 6-month daily chart, MS for today (9/21/12) is 0.9k. I now create a PCF with only MS in the formula. It should yield 0.9k when I click on Test Symbol MSFT. Instead, I get 37.3.

Next, on the 6-month daily chart, the low of MS is around 735 and the high is around 1.2k. If I put Min(MS, 125) into the PCF, it returns -253.73. If I put Max(MS, 125) into the PCF it returns 171.06.

What’s going on????

Topic: Feature Request: Rulesr Settings / Center on Today's Close
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 9:06:54 AM

Please add a "Center on Today's Close" to your Ruler Settings options.

Thanks.
David

Topic: Feature Request: Sort
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2012 4:51:45 PM

Currently, one can sort on one column, but just one column. I would like the ability to sort on multiple columns.

For example, I have a watchlist that I fill with 'surging stocks' every day. I display it with columns entry date and volume surge - I would like to sort 1st on entry date and 2nd on volume surge.

Thanks.
David

Topic: Feature Request: Export & Import
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2012 4:45:34 PM

**Please** make available an export function to export all data from a watchlist window.

I’d like the ability to right click on a watchlist or easyscan then have the option to export all symbols *plus* all columns.

An export function is critical to being able to analyze a watchlist in Excel or other program.

Basically, the same goes for an import function, though this would mostly be used to import portfolio data, e.g., entry date, entry price, etc. By the way, is it even possible to enter more than one 'entry date' for a single symbol?

Thanks.
David

Topic: Feature Request: Improved News & Notes
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2012 4:34:24 PM

I'd like to see the following in the News & Motes window:

1. Option to select what/whose notes are seen in the list. I'd like the option to look only at my notes, or only at Worden notes, etc.

2. More compact notes list:

-- Get rid of the picture.

-- Get rid of bold-face fonts.

-- Put only a very short note preview in the list - say just the first 100 characters.

-- Remove 'Click to view chart' and its icon - rather click anywhere in the note preview to get the full note.

-- Move the date/time to the first line of each note.

-- Clean up the first line by removing extraneous text. The text 'Note on XXX' and 'From Telechart' are not needed. (The symbol is already in the header.)

Thanks.
David

Topic: Feature Request: Company Descriptions
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2012 4:29:16 PM

I know that you get much of your data from Morningstar. Their website, in addition to comany data, also has short company descriptions.

It would be very useful to have a window, which one could add to a workspace, that displays the short company description for the currently active symbol.

Thanks.
David