Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: SirInterestRates
About
User Name: SirInterestRates
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 13
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Possible to use PCF Stochastics for other indicators than Price, e.g., volume, TSV?
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 11:19:50 AM
The subject is my question:  Can STOC be used for other indicators than price?  and if so, what is the format for such a PCF?
Topic: Min Max PCFs
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:19:06 PM
A symbol that shows it well is MGF.
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:11:35 AM
Bruce,

I just noticed that the lines in my formulas for price, as illustrated yesterday, do not adjust for changing to logarithmic scale. For example, put MAXH17 in the price chart and toggle between A and L. In Arithmetic, maximum price for the 17 time period touches MAXH17. When changing to Logarithmic, price is way below MAXH17.

Plot Using Price Scale is selected.
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:02:02 AM
Thanks, diceman, for the suggestion. But the problem is that instead of each line using the same scale, as in the price window, each uses its own scale in the sub-chart window. If I could set each line to use volume's scale, then the formula would work and I could see each line properly, i.e., max, min and the fractional lines in-between representing the percentage difference between max and min.
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:18:23 AM
QUOTE (SirInterestRates)
I want to plot Volume's Min(V,17) and Max(V,17) in the middle window. But the visual relationship between the lines is not correct. The most obvious is that the Min line is sometimes above the Max line. Can it be done? As I understand it the first formula in a window controls the scale.

In addition I want to plot percent-of-their-difference lines in between (e.g., Max minus Min and 78.6%, 50% and 21.4% of that difference added to the Min line), so the scale needs to be the same for all lines.

This is the way I did it for Price: 0.786*(maxh17-minl17)+minl17
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:05:05 AM
I want to plot Volume's Min(V,17) and Max(V,17) in the middle window. But the visual relationship between the lines is not correct. The most obvious is that the Min line is sometimes above the Max line. Can it be done? As I understand it the first formula in a window controls the scale.

In addition I want to plot percent-of-their-difference lines in between (e.g., Max minus Min and 78.6%, 50% and 21.4% of that difference added to the Min line), so the scale needs to be the same for all lines.

This is the way I did it for Price: 0.786*(maxh17-minl17)+minl17
Topic: Williams Variable Accumulation Distribution Indicator (WVAD)
Posted: Friday, November 24, 2006 4:20:06 PM
Thanks Jim (bustermu)! Thanks very much for suggesting the adding of 0.000001 to avoid dividing by zero! A simple solution! Thanks for pointing out that O16 is 17 bars ago when the current bar is counted and therefore is the first bar of the MAXH17 and MINL17 bar count. I considered O16, but failed to notice that MAXH/L are counting the current bar.

My approach is to apply the Fibonacci Series fractals and half fractals for smoothing over the same number of n-bars as the H/L fractals. My focus is the 4 Series of 4, 8, 17 and 34 periods and bars for daily/weekly/monthly charts. I analyze phase, direction, fractal crossovers, zero crossovers and series compacting of an indicator for decision-making.

I was interested in the WVAD because it seems to effectively add volume to price analysis. In my initial plotting this morning, I noticed that the EMA of TSVn plots very closely to the EMAn of (Volume x (Close - Open)/(High - Low))centered on zero.

Since my math is rusty about series expansions, how would an expansion formula look based on an EMAn that you mentioned? (of price and volume?)

Thanks much for your responses!

Erv

PS: Using the formula with the Open of the bar at the beginning of the fractal has provided some interesting results, especially of the 4 and 8 fractals.

Posted: Friday, November 24, 2006 12:10:39 PM
Clarification: It is much more likely that the numerator or denominator will be zero in the formula (C-O)/(H-L) than in the other formula. That's the caveat.
Posted: Friday, November 24, 2006 11:36:40 AM
Craig, thanks! I overlooked the easy way!

Diceman, thanks for your response! The caveat to using that variation of the formula is when the elements of the numerator or denominator are equal, which results in zero above or below the line. Thanks for the Sort reminder.
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2006 10:03:44 PM
I want to make an Exponential Moving average of the last 17 periods for the following formula:

Volume x (Close - Open)/(High - Low) where the Close is for the current bar and the Open is the open 17 bars ago and the High and Low are those of the last 17 bars.

This formula creates an error in syntax message.

XAVG(V*((C-O17)/(MAXH17-MINL17 )),17)

What is the correct PCF and Snap formulas for the WVAD? (I did not find them in the Knowledge Base nor in a Forum Search.)

Thanks.