Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ChartPilot
About
User Name: ChartPilot
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Ulcer Index
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 4:37:45 PM

C/MAX - 1 is not really a drawdown, so I don't see how it can produce an ulcer index.

Suppose MAX for a period is $100, and C today is $105.

Then C/MAX = 105/100 - 1 = 1.05 - 1 = 0.05

But the drawdown for this example should be zero, since price went up.

If a stock hits a new high everyday during a period, the ulcer index should be zero, right?

Topic: Relative Strength PCF Condition
Posted: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:53:46 PM

Tech support suggested that I post here and ask for a PCF be written for me for what I am trying to do. But I hope future versions will have this capability built in.

I plot Relative Strength of a stock vs. SP-500 (and I also have Relative strength vs. Industry and Sub-industry).

I also use a 10- and 40- period moving averages of relative strength.

(1) When I right click the relative strength ("RelS vs SP-500"), there is no "create condition" in the dropdown menu.  So I looked to see if I could create conditions of the moving averages of Relative Strength instead:

(2) When I right click the "Avg 10" I can create a scan condition, and add column to watch list and sort, but the column ends up empty eventhough I know the condition is satisfied for many stocks in the watchlist.   When I save the condition to the library and then add the condition as a column to the watchlist, the column is still empty.

(3) When I right click the "Avg 10" and select "show values in watchlist,"  I get a column that has just 3 dots "..." for each stock in the watchlist.