Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mmscottyb
About
User Name: mmscottyb
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 132
[0.04% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Demark Indicators
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 11:12:06 AM
ben2k9 and jas0501,

I got my scan from my office today, the scans I have there are seperated for individual strategies, this is the one I use for the 69 Trip, I add volume parameters in the easy scan.

(C < C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6) OR (C < C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7) OR (C < C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7 AND C7 > C8) OR (C < C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7 AND C7 > C8 AND C8 > C9) OR (C <= C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7) OR (C <= C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7 AND C7 > C8) OR (C <= C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7 AND C7 > C8 AND C8 > C9) OR (C <= C1 AND C1 <= C2 AND C2 < C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7 AND C7 > C8) OR (C <= C1 AND C1 <= C2 AND C2 < C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7 AND C7 > C8 AND C8 > C9) OR (C <= C1 AND C1 <= C2 AND C2 <= C3 AND C3 < C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7 AND C7 > C8 AND C8 > C9)

ScottyB
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 10:52:29 AM
Hi Jim,

Basically I was just trying to state that trade management in the key to successful trading, no matter how good the system or method is you can still lose.

ScottyB
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 8:43:31 AM
jas0501,

1. The days for the pullback are usually 3 to 5, but I usually look at the trend. If the stock goes up 5 days and then down 5 I will not usually be looking to enter. On the other hand if a stock runs up 9 days and then retraces 5, that would be about my limit, usually around 50% to 62% max.

2. When it comes to passing on the trade relates more to checking the other time frames. If I am using a daily chart to trade from I check the weekly and 60 minute. I am looking for an imbalance on the daily, with the weekly showing a strong tendancy to continue the trend. I also use this for only holding a couple days so I want the ATR to be high. I like to find the ones that I can make a profit from entry to first resistance of the last high. Another thing I do is play in the direction of the market, the list will produce both up and down opportunities so if the market is going to open up I watch the stocks on my up list.

As for the pcf, I do not like keeping a list to watch, it gets to big to fast so the pcfs I do not reduce. I actually have different qualifiers for each of the three strategies stemming from this set up. So for the trip 69 I would use the same pcf's but modified changing the beginning <> and an additional statement to keep the count within range. After 9 days of a trend I have not been able to get the same results, the pullback is either not enough or the item changes direction.

If you have any other questions or I did not answer yours let me know, I am currious on the results you find,

ScottyB
Topic: ( Redspike ) an exit signal seen on my weekly DJ-30, last time seen was Oct07 !
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 11:24:50 AM
I am also thinking it is top heavy so I am being very cautious, as posted 8/3 I still think if the market can hang in there it will not be going anywhere until the price cycle is due on Sept 10th or that week sometime, then I hope we see some direction (most likely down) but you never know, still looking for that crystal ball. Anyone have one?

ScottyB
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 11:07:49 AM
David,
Maybe you should jump on board and help lay it all out and make it more objective. I started using Demarks when I was still hand charting and as he developed new methods I would add them to the system. I even went as far as making off shoots of his methods as I noticed starting in the early 2000's it was not making the same percent of correct assesments. In 05 I put the Demark stuff on the back burner but I had it programmed on my system and because I had used it so much I found myself confirming information with it. At this time I would like to strip it down and retest the different areas to build something from it that is worth while, if it is. One of the things I incorporate is the time spent on analysis vs. return. Any system 50% or better with the proper trade mamagement will make money. Also if the trading method is to subjective how can you measure where the weak links are?
So David, help us all out here, let's develop a objective method based on the information Demark has shared with the public. Any help would be great.
ScottyB
P.S. Also if you know what he really uses would you be willing to share that with everyone?
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:35:21 AM
alexalexttw,

I was not thinking you were pulling my strings and any input is great. The idea I was approaching was to break down the bits, everyone starts with counting 9, then 13,  then the flip, then the next thing(not in any order here) By analysis of each individual part and then putting together the parts while knowing the strengths and weaknesses is how I have been developing and using strategies. I have already used and modified the Demark stuff for my own use but would like to break down each part and get input from others. If a system can be built from this to be powerful then that would be great. One point though is Demark himself will tell you the counting (the starting point) is not what he uses.

ScottyB
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:33:56 PM
Aspll,

I am doing great thanks, just got back and have been so busy I my head has fallen off, which would not be bad but every time I bend over to pick it up I seem to kick it farther away!

How's the business?

diceman,

Thanks for the post links

ScottyB
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:37:38 AM
QUOTE (mmscottyb)
Hi Ben2k9, I have not seen it anywhere either, I found it doing some back testing for something else that kept failing.

These are the basic pcf's I use, I then filter them depending on the strategy. The 69 Trip is one that just waits for the stall. If the charts line up in multiple time frames using the stochastics I try and pick the turn. Also note the last high is the first resistance.

Stocks going up;
(C > C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5) OR (C > C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6) OR (C > C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7) OR (C > C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7 AND C7 > C8)

Stoocks going down;
(C < C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 < C3 AND C3 < C4 AND C4 < C5) OR (C < C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 < C3 AND C3 < C4 AND C4 < C5 AND C5 < C6) OR (C < C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 < C3 AND C3 < C4 AND C4 < C5 AND C5 < C6 AND C6 < C7) OR (C < C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 < C3 AND C3 < C4 AND C4 < C5 AND C5 < C6 AND C6 < C7 AND C7 < C8)

Have a great day!
ScottyB

I should mention if you are using this pcf just for the 69 Trip you can change the <> signs in the first part of the pcf to get items already stalling.

ScottyB
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:56:59 AM
They do look very similar, just not the lag that you get with the MA's but I do wonder if they would complement each other?

ScottyB
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:19:43 AM
Hi Ben2k9, I have not seen it anywhere either, I found it doing some back testing for something else that kept failing.

These are the basic pcf's I use, I then filter them depending on the strategy. The 69 Trip is one that just waits for the stall. If the charts line up in multiple time frames using the stochastics I try and pick the turn. Also note the last high is the first resistance.

Stocks going up;
(C > C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5) OR (C > C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6) OR (C > C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7) OR (C > C1 AND C1 > C2 AND C2 > C3 AND C3 > C4 AND C4 > C5 AND C5 > C6 AND C6 > C7 AND C7 > C8)

Stoocks going down;
(C < C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 < C3 AND C3 < C4 AND C4 < C5) OR (C < C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 < C3 AND C3 < C4 AND C4 < C5 AND C5 < C6) OR (C < C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 < C3 AND C3 < C4 AND C4 < C5 AND C5 < C6 AND C6 < C7) OR (C < C1 AND C1 < C2 AND C2 < C3 AND C3 < C4 AND C4 < C5 AND C5 < C6 AND C6 < C7 AND C7 < C8)

Have a great day!
ScottyB