Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Ron Lawrence
About
User Name: Ron Lawrence
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Cup with a handle formation
Posted: Wednesday, February 9, 2005 7:47:50 PM
Craig, Yes, I look for for stocks intra-day, for in & out trading during the period of a single day. As an example, I usually enter a position about 2-2:30pm EST and exit before 4pm EST. My research starts mid-morning to find large, low volatility stocks with the most promising end-of-day set-ups (ie. cup-with-handles and ascending triangles). On most days, I can book consistent profis of 1/2 to 1 %, without overnight risk. It is amazing how much these intra-day charts resemble longer term charts, and yet have the same trading characteristics. Your help will be much appreciated. Ron Lawrence
Topic: Cup with a handle formation
Posted: Wednesday, February 9, 2005 5:15:19 PM
Craig, I am a new user of your product. I do quite a bit of day-trading and look for "cup-with-handle" and "ascending triange" formations of large, low volatility stocks, for end-of-the-day moves. Can your software recognize these technical formations on a daily, short-term basis. Ron