Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Nimbus
About
User Name: Nimbus
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 42
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Crucial levels to break ^^13,370^^ for the DJ-30 and ^^1,480^^ for the SP-500
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 8:35:46 AM
A rising ascending bearish wedge on low volume, and the retrace now at 61.8% of the drop on most indices, means we are extremely likely to retest, and likely break, the recent lows.

V-bottoms are not bottoms, just bounces, expecially when the volume is low.

The next leg down will begin this week.

Topic: A very weird day....
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2007 7:10:03 PM
QUOTE (Apsll)
Hohandy & Diceman my scans for Momentum & Institutional buying are way above normal (IN the above $10 range) That usually means a powerfull trading session. The pre-market futures are down right now so the markets might open weak, but I think they will finish strong.

Couldn't resist quoting you. What a day!

Clearly hedge funds are selling everything to meet redemption obligations, which means they are selling the Large Caps. Small caps held up fairly well but I expect a major market meltdown over the next few months as all the leveraging will unravel.

It could be very substantial and kill even the bull.
Topic: The TOP is in
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2007 8:59:52 AM
Well - I called the TOP on Monday and it's still looking good.

On divergences - all you have to do is look at the weekly chart on GS. The huge neg divergence on the MACD tells all. We're heading down boys and girls, possibly hard.
EXITs will be jammed, so leave the party early.

Posted: Monday, May 7, 2007 3:32:01 PM
The Feb drop was not telegraphed very well with the technicals, so it's a poor example. I see a lot of neg divergences on the MACD daily and weeklies, such as on the $RUT and $COMP. Volume drop today means buyers are done. Reversing candles on these indexes are pretty reliable. Ignore the DOW - just 30 stocks, and AA is the only reason it is up.

No matter what the FED says Wednesday, they will be blamed for the reversal of fortunes.

Posted: Monday, May 7, 2007 2:51:46 PM
Black candles and Dojis, and volume is awful.
Topic: 800 pixel wide Website?
Posted: Saturday, May 5, 2007 7:24:20 AM
A properly designed modern website allows the width to be flexible in the window width that is open, just like TC does, not stuck at a rediculously thin 800-pixel wide format.

It needs to be redone imo.

Topic: 800 pixel wide Website?
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2007 1:12:03 PM
What a step backwards. This forum is no longer easy to read. YUK!
Topic: state of the market
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2007 7:44:45 AM
With the dollar so weak, the Asians are buying USA stocks at major discounts to what USA citizens have to pay for these same stocks. This is a huge driver for the recent feeding frenzy for our stocks. I call it "false demand." You don't hear about many USA brokers "loading the boat" in recent weeks - many are selling into this false Asian-based demand.

The scary graph, ala 1999/2000, is the Dow Jones Shanghai index ($DJSH on StockCharts).

http://stockcharts.com/charts/gallery.html?$DJSH

When we took a hit in late February 2007 in our markets, it was in reaction to a mere 9% drop in the $DJSH, from 284 to 259. The $DJSH is now 379 (up 46% since late February). The Febraury drop barely shows on the current chart. The P&F chart says it also just topped on Friday.

Clearly the $DJSH is going to collapse like the NASDAQ did in 2000. Odds are it will retest the breakout level of 165 of late November 2007, effectively a drop of 57% !!!!!! We could feel at least half of that here in the coming months.

Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 7:16:26 PM
The Market is being held up partially by big Wall Street Brokers and hedgies whose monthly bonuses are on the line. They got none in March and so April was catch-up time. With RSIs over 70, and volume tailing off, the big drop likely will begin Tuesday, the start of a new month. With the economy slowing, perhaps the annual top is in.
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 7:03:12 AM
DOJI on the NDX yesterday with RSI of 76. Enough said.