Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bothellman
About
User Name: bothellman
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 55
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Telechart 12 -- sync between two computers?
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:53:25 PM
Wouldn't the desktop need to be stored on the cloud? If I save the desktop on computer#1 and it is stored on the computer, then my other computer wouldn't be able to access it. But I was able to load the same desktop on either computer so it must be stored on the cloud.
Topic: Running TC2000 V12 in a browser or on the PC
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:02:25 AM
Thanks for your help Stockguy. On my laptop I set V12 to run on the PC. I think it is a little slower but that's ok.  I really like being able to customize the rows above the chart to whatever I want.... Bothellman
Topic: Running TC2000 V12 in a browser or on the PC
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 8:13:47 PM
When running V12 in the browser the function (PF)  keys don't work correctly. They become Internet Explorer PF keys - PF1 brings up IE Help. Other than that, Is there any real difference running V12 in a browser or on a PC?  Does anyone have any comments?
Topic: Why is Watchlist read only?
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:25:49 AM
Thanks Bruce. I will do that.
Topic: Why is Watchlist read only?
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:12:47 AM
I installed Stockfinder 5 onto my Windows 7 computer.
I then copied the 3 layouts I use most of the time from my XP Stockfinder folder over to the Windows 7 Stockfinder folder.
When I attempted to add a symbol to the watchlist I got an alert that:
   "" The list is read only. Would you like to create a copy of it that is editable""
I replied OK and Stockfinder created another copy of the watchlist with the name:   " copy of ..........."
This happened with all 3 layouts I copied over.
Why are these watchlist read only?
Topic: Price bars are not being painted
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2010 9:25:06 PM
I am doing the exercises in the Stockfinder 5 workbook.  In exercise 1 - Unusually high trading range - everything is ok except the price bars are not painted when the condition occurs. Is there something else I need todo that is not in the workbook to get the price bars to paint?
Topic: Cannot display Sub Industry Watchlist for current selected stock
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 11:30:01 PM

I forwarded the layout.  Thanks

Topic: Cannot display Sub Industry Watchlist for current selected stock
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 8:19:21 PM
In my layout, the watchlist is a personal watchlist - my former stocks.  SBUX is selected.
I click on the Industry Watchlist icon and choose Show Sub Industry Watchlist and what displays is the watchlist for AA (Alcoa).
Now at the bottom of the layout just above the Taskbar I have 2 selections - Main Watchlist and AA-Sub Industry.
Can anyone help me out here?
Topic: Switching from daily to weekly chart changes the selected stocks
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 10:12:35 PM
Thanks Bruce. Setting up another chart solved the problem.I have the rules on the daily chart.On the weekly, monthly, and yearly I did not set any rules and clicking on those charts does not modify the stocks in the watchlist.Thanks again, BruceGeorge
Topic: Switching from daily to weekly chart changes the selected stocks
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 12:49:51 AM
I have a layout with a rule that filters out all stocks in the watchlist with less than 1 million shares traded daily. 
Today I have 44 symbols in the watchlist. 
If I switch to a 1 week chart the watchlist is re-filtered and now I show 85 symbols in the watchlist.
What I want to do is like in Telechart where after I have scanned the watchlist I can view the selected
stocks in daily, weekly etc time frame.
I can't seem to do this in Stockfinder. Can you help?
George