Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: buddhabill
About
User Name: buddhabill
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 78
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: help please
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2006 6:30:29 PM
Thanks Craig, I wanted confirmation.
BB
Topic: help please
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2006 6:24:02 PM
Computer crash. Help please.
Please look at the writing of this formula and insert spaces and capitols, etc., where appropriate.

C<C1 AND C1<C2 AND C2<C3 AND C3<C4

Thank you.

BB
Topic: PCF Formula Please
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2005 8:56:40 AM
Thank you Gentlemen.

I shall follow your instructions.

BB
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2005 8:38:03 AM
Craig,

Thanks for everything you do.

One final question please.

My questiong concerns building Sector Index for institutional movement into and out of the market.

Although this is a short list which I'm using as an example, where would I find the Sector Index symbols that Worden uses:
$CEX.X
DJU
$DRG.X
$SNG.X

There are 14 other symbols, all beginning with a $ sign and ending in .X.

I've tried various ways to write them in a new watchlist, but to no avail.

Thank you once again.
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 9:53:10 AM
Craig, you're absolutely correct, and I concede.

However, the criteria I've set up for stock selection, presently consists of 9 PCFS, and specific stock baskets that I don't deviate from.

I can quickly visualize all my criteria and information needed, with a simple click on the PCF column designated.

Presently, using PCF's, if I have a row with a bunch of "Trues" all neatly lined up across the page, I have a fairly good idea that that stock is either headed up, or down, in the next session or two?

While I'm not actually reinventing the wheel or the world wide web, I am "tweaking" a selection system that originally provided me a 80% hit ratio, which now, after tweaking, has taken me to the upper 90's, with even a few 100% thrown in, for at least a few minutes, on some days.

The PCF I originally inquired about last week was to "test" and evaluate the potential for stocks that had been up on a dismally down day, to determine if they would continue rising at market open the following day. My test is over and the mixed results are nothing I can depend on, so I will not be "speculating" on that theory, but the information was interesting.

So, even using a scan would not improve the results I was seeking.

I do appreciate your insight however, and if the occasion arises in the future, I know where to find Price Percent Change Today.

I would like to ask your help though.

I presently have a PCF that gives me a "True" for 20 day average volume over 300,000 shares.

Could you give me the PCF for 'todays volume over 300,000 shares'?

I run my selection criteria each evening after you all update everything.

Would it be V>300?

Thanks for your continued diligence and patience. I've seldom kept things simple.

Buddha Bill
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 9:46:14 AM
Thanks Craig,

I'll try your suggestion, however for 5 months now I've worked on a scanning program using a specific stock list that I use.

The results provide me a visual selection of potential stocks that will go up tomorrow and have a strong potential to trend up for the next 2 sessions, allowing me to take a designated amount of money off the table each week.

Appreciate your insight.

Buddha Bill

Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2005 11:30:07 AM
Thanks Craig,

The PCF fits my criteria.

I'll check out the video. Have you all made it possible to download the videos and watch them off line yet?

BB
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2005 10:57:16 AM
You are a wonderful teacher. Yes it did work.
Thanks,
BB
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2005 10:49:21 AM
Bruce, it didn't do what I wanted it to do, which is show me a stock that actually rose in price today, even though the market was dismal.

I believe the correct question should have been, "Todays close greater than yesterday close".

Am I correct in assuming that the formula would be -
C > C1

Thanks,

BB
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2005 10:27:48 AM
Thanks Bruce, that is very simple.

I was told that when a stock goes up on a dismal day, there might just be a follow up rise at the next open.

Buddha Bill