Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: grogoff
About
User Name: grogoff
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 25
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: RealCode questions
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:05:28 AM
1) How can I use RealCode to plot horizontal lines at values that are the result of a calculation (like Fibonacci lines?)2) How can I use RealCode to plot diagonal lines (like Zig Zag lines, or Elliot Waves) between points in different bars?Thank you
Topic: Real Code Rule for Day of Week
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:00:11 AM
1) How can I use RealCode to plot horizontal lines at values that are the result of a calculation (like Fibonacci lines?)2) How can I use RealCode to plot diagonal lines (like Zig Zag lines, or Elliot Waves) between points in different bars?Thank you
Topic: Real Code Rule for Day of Week
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 10:58:36 AM
Topic: RealCode Editor
Posted: Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:08:44 PM
Following up on a previous discussion, I would like to modify and experiment with the Zig Zag "Indicator". Blocks provides only the % change version. , and I would like to modify it to reference, not only the Close, but, possibly, the High, the Low, and, maybe, some other values. I would also like to create a $ change version.

For that, I would need to have these answers:

1) Is it possible to modify an existing indicator, or to create a "new" one similar to it?

2) Is it possible to get access to get access to the code inside a block to edit it?.

3) Finally, is all this documented anywhere, so I don't have to "bug" you guys?

Thanks for your help.

Can you help me get started?

Thanks again.
Topic: Pointer mode
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2008 1:40:26 PM
Thanks very much, Craig.

Doing what you explained pointed to a misconception I had, regarding the "Pointer Mode". I thought the pointer mode  "sent me back in time" to a specified date. Instead, it puts me in a "window" into that date. It may sound like a semantic difference, but, to verify my thoughts, I added a ZigZag "indicator" to my chart. If it were really sending me back in time, I would see the Zig Zag actually changing as I moved forward in time. The same would happen if Elliot Waves were available on Blocks. I would see the last line on the wave adjusting as I move forward.

My objective in this whole thing was to observe the changes in the ZigZag as I move forward in time, simulating real time observations. It appears that I can't do it, at least, not with the "pointer mode". If my conclusions are wrong, please let me know.

Sincerely

Gerardo (Jerry) Rogoff
Topic: Pointer mode
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:58:16 PM
I posted the following question incorrectly in the General Discussion section:

Does Blocks have an equivalent to the Pointer Mode in Telechart, where I can press the period, move the crosshair back in time, and, using the backslash (\) move the date back, allowing me to single step forward (or backwards) manually?

Thank you
Topic: Blocks 3.0
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 10:02:00 AM
Last Saturday, january 26, I attended the outstanding introduction to Blocks 3.0 by Julia Oldenstadt. Congratulations! I can hardly wait for the full (backtesting) functionality that I now have in 2.0.

In the meantime, how do I transfer my workspaces from 2.0 into 3.0 Layouts?

Thank you
Topic: Backscanner conditions
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 10:41:34 AM
Thanks again!!
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:04:38 AM
Thank you, Michael.

That's exactly what I was looking for. The problem is, now you got me going!!
Is there any way to create "global variables" in BackScanner?

Examples of the variables I am interested in:

LOW (more than one?)
HIGH "
ENTRY
PROFIT

In each case, and for different purposes, I would like to compare the value of any Global with a running variable, and replace it when certain conditions are met.

If the only way to achieve this is through programming (Visual Basic?) so be it, but please let me know.

Thanks again

Jerry
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 2:22:47 PM
I posted this question by mistake in the "General Discussion " section. I am reposting here:

Please let me know if this is possible.

I am trying to create a combination bullish / bearish scan. It doesn't matter what the scan itself is (say the bullish is an entry when price crosses up through a moving average, and the bearish when it crosses down).

The condition to apply the bullish scan would be the "market" going up, and for the bearish scan, of course, it would be the "market" going down.

The market going up could be defined, for example, as the SPX crossing up through the similar moving average.

The questions here is, then, how do I condition a scan of a watchlist on an occurrence on a different stock/index/watchlist?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance for the reply