Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: lastchance
About
User Name: lastchance
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: 20 day high/low
Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2007 7:05:22 PM
The turtle soup pattern states that for a buy signal that todays low should be a 20day low and that the previous 20day low must have occurred at least four(4) trading days earlier.

So i think the PCF should be
L=MAXL20 AND L1<>MAXL20.1 AND L2<>MAXL20.2 AND L3<>MAXL20.3

The reverse is true for the a sell with the High begin the 20day high, etc.
Topic: DiNapoli Stochastics
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2006 12:52:52 AM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
I need to warn you against creating the Slow DiNapoli Stochastic SK and Slow DiNapoli Stochastic SD as separate Custom Indicators. They will plot on their own independent scales. You should create a Custom Indicator for the Slow DiNapoli Stochastic SK and add a Moving Average as a Child Indicator to create the Slow DiNapoli Stochastic SD instead. Is there a reason you don't want to use the built in Stochastics Indicator?

How would i do this? Add a child indicator?
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2006 12:43:41 PM
Thanks bruce for the explanation. I believe the built in stochastic uses a simply moving average instead of the modified version as you outlined.

Thanks also for the tip about creating the custom indicator using a child indicator. I didn't know you can have a parent/child relationship with the indicators.
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2006 12:13:04 AM
Hello,
Im trying to create DiNapoli Stochastics on TC as an indicator simply but creating the %K and %D separately. After looking at the above solution why are you using a 5-day average when the stochastic is based on a 8 day stochastic with a 3 day average?

Also since %K (of the slow stochastic) = %D (of the fast stochastic) and %D (of the fast stochastic) = 3 period Modified Moving Average (not simple, not exponential) of %K
can you explain XAVG(STOC8.1,5) as your solution?

I'm a bit confused?