Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Cesar
About
User Name: Cesar
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Modeling "Pure" Wilder's RSI in PCF's
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005 3:11:36 PM
Bruce,
Thank you for the quick reply and the explanation on how to do it. Now that I have the method to do it myself, I expect it to be soon supported.

Jim,
You are correct. You do not know if I am absolute beginner (thus opening the door for lots of simple questions about Excel, when it would have been just easier to give the formula) or an ex-Microsoft developer who worked on Excel (which I am). It is just easier to give the answer but I always like to know how it came to be.

As always you guys give good quick answers.

Thanks again,
Cesar

Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005 12:57:59 PM
Is there a way that Jim or Bruce can teach me how you are generating the formulas? The reason I ask is now I need the 4 period RSI. Of course you could give me the formula again.

Thank you,
Cesar
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:42:11 AM
Jim,

The 2 period RSI worked perfectly. I have not tried the 3 period one but I assume that it will also.

Thank you so much,
Cesar
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:28:06 AM
Jim,

Thank you for the fix. The formula for todays 2 period RSI works. The problem I have is that it is not accurate enough for what I need. Is there a way I can get your spreadsheet such that I can create a more accurate version. Or can you tell me how to create the formula?

Also, the formula for yesterday's 2 period RSI does not look right. The constants in the formula are not the same as the ones in the todays RSI.

Thank you,
Cesar
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 11:02:40 PM
Jim,

Thank you for posting the formula for the 2 period RSI. I was having nightmares thinking that I was going to do it myself. I tried entering your 2period RSI formula as a PCF but the numbers that it gives me are different by a significant amount than I get from other charting packages. Have you double checked it? Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

Can you explain how you generate the formula? I will eventually want to do a 3 period RSI.

Thank you,
Cesar