Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: riverbirch
About
User Name: riverbirch
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 19
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Harmonics
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:22:41 PM

I SUGGEST YOU UPDATE YOUR CHART ON AAPL..  IT CLOSED TODAY AT 441 AND macd IS TURNING DOWN!

Topic: Market Timong
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:19:03 PM

I feel Don Worden would be well served to view other analyst such as (external link removed by moderator) to better understand Fed's infusion of liquidtity  and institutional accululation and disctribution and their affect on the the overall market..  Chenard has been extremely accurate on the market and uses very modern technical analysis based on the above 2 criteria for market timing.  He also uses other technical indicators but always refers to the importance of inflowing funds from the Fed.

Since the beginning of Q/E from the Fed, traditional analysis does't work very well for the  major indexes.

The 175 point rise in DJIA should not have been a surprise as the injection of Funds yesterday was the largest injection of funds for the month of February.

Am surprised Don never mentions the effect Fed funds injections have on the market.

Just food for thought after reading Don's comments yesterday.

Jim H Joyner

Topic: Average True Range Indicator
Posted: Sunday, December 4, 2011 11:04:36 AM
Topic: Average True Range Indicator
Posted: Sunday, December 4, 2011 11:03:51 AM
TC2000 and Stockcharts cakculates the above indicator differently.  I recently read that TC2000 is calculating this indicaator incorrectly.  Stkchart calculates the ATR for DJ-30 as of 12/2 to be 221.76 and TC200 shows 206.98-big difference.  See page 23 of 
Wilder's book "New Concepts in Technical Trading Sstems" to get the correct formula.

Just passing on to you what I read-might want to check this out.

Jimmy H Joyner
Topic: We're getting VERY CLOSE!!!
Posted: Saturday, July 8, 2006 3:01:51 PM
Another short term problem is most all indexes cannot maintain a close above their 50 DMA.
Topic: Favorite longs for coming month
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 1:43:24 PM
I think CC could be added to your list.
Topic: Scan for divergence in TSV and MS versus Price
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 2:05:49 PM
Craig:
I am using a TSV 18 MOV AVG 10
Topic: Scan for divergence in TSV and MS versus Price
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:20:56 PM
I reviewed the chart on TRB this weekend and observed the divergence in TSV and MS versus price in April vs late May. Could you provide a scan formula which would replicate these divergences?
Topic: SP-500-Continue to watch the 80 DMA
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 11:22:31 AM
I posted a note a few weeks ago saying the 80 DMA was the key support for this index. Now that the 80 DMA has been violated after supporting the SP-500 on 3 occasions, it becomes a resistance level. If the 80 DMV provides resistance, the SP-500 will see more weakness. Might want to keep your eye on this development.
Topic: Is XOM running out of gas?
Posted: Monday, May 8, 2006 10:02:13 PM
You could be right, that's what AAPL did in Jan.