Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: tjl11
About
User Name: tjl11
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 20
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: average true range
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 11:15:30 AM
Sorry, I was doing something other than instructed. It works wonderfully -its a thing of beauty! Thanks again. You folks are awesome!
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 12:49:04 PM
OK, I more wacky piece of info for you. I seem to find a lot of the "wierd things".

I notice that when I zoom out the new indicator is not correct. That is, it falls on the price bars. However, if I zoom out and show fewer bars, that indicator moves in relation to price bars. If I zoom in and out quickly I can see the indicator is not staying at the same place in relation to the price bars. 

Thanks,
Tom
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 12:39:05 PM
Oh, I forgot. I did check the scaling on both "price" and "Price + Daily High" indicator in chart pane and they are the same.
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 12:37:23 PM
ArGGGGG, I'm so close.

I figured I could show ATR channel on price pane by doing the following. I want to add 1 ATR to todays price high and subtract 1 ATR from todays price low. I took the following course but it is not working. Here is what I did just for the add to high indicator.

1) Create Indicator in new pane for daily price high as follows:
Plot = Price.high

Result: I get the proper indicator.

2) Add ATR indicator from existing library in new pane.

Result: I get the proper indicator.

3) Drag ATR indicator to Price high Indicator. Click on "Create Indicator; Add".
Result: New pane opens up and indicator is correct when I look at numerical values for each day.

4) Drag "ATR+ Daily Price High" to chart.
Result: The line falls on the bars and does not form the proper channel.

Any thoughts where I am going wrong on this last step?

Thanks
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 8:42:47 PM
Bruce,

Do you think there is anyway to channel price with ATR? I can come up with the right equations for +/- 2ATR of price but can only get it to sit in a lower window by itself (without channeling price). I would like to have an ATR channel instead of a traditional envelope or Bollinger Bands.

I have seen other treads that make me think I cannot do that in StockFinder but wanted to ask.

Thanks,
tjl
Topic: Show bar pattern over history of price bars?
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 3:24:16 PM
Wow, I guess I really don't know where to start. What do you mean rule?Is there a video or user guide that would best get me up and running on how to find price bar patterns I want that are not in the indicators?
Topic: Show bar pattern over history of price bars?
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:34:21 PM
I would like to see a bar pattern over the history of a stock. For example, I would like to see each time a price bar was a doji over the last 5 years of price history. Can I show that on a chart with some sort of indicator over the doji bar?

Right now I know how to sort based on indicators including PCFs but that only shows those stocks that currently show that pattern. I want to see how they behaved historically.

Sorry if this is already in the forum somewhere but I could not find such.

Regards,
tjl
Topic: Custom PCF on Price Chart?
Posted: Sunday, March 9, 2008 11:49:57 AM
Hi,

My apologies if this question is not in the right section. 

I have been trading for some time using a volatility breakout but am spending too much time looking at charts manually. Specifically, I want to: 1) apply +/- ATR bands to the upper price chart and 2) sort all charts where price closed above or below those bands. Is this possible using TC2000 or Blocks? I cannot get the ATRs on the to show on the price chart. 

Thanks, tjl11
Topic: Stocks Gaining $1 or more
Posted: Wednesday, July 4, 2007 10:01:05 PM
Can you do this fopr percent instead of dollars in Blocks?
Topic: Up, Down, and No Change Colors
Posted: Wednesday, July 4, 2007 2:16:24 PM
I want to test a strategy in blocks that doesn't seem to work. I want to use an entry when a stock price has closed > 3% than the previous day close. I hav etried the % change indicator but do not get back correct results.

Any help would be great.