Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: kmcintyre
About
User Name: kmcintyre
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 78
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: MS PCF
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2006 9:07:41 PM
I'm a bit confused.

MS is todays value for moneystream
MS1 is todays value for moneystream averaged over one day
MS1.1 is yesterdays value for MS1

Correct?

Is MS and MS1 equivalent? (An average of 1 is itself, right?)
Is MS.1 a valid syntax for yesterdays MS value?

Now for my big question...

I want to "visually backtest" MS. I would like to create a PCF that helps me find charts that had large moves in MS (say) 6 mongths ago. That way I can space bar through a list of charts exhibiting similar historical indicator traits and get a feel for how consistently the indicator predicted future price movement.

I think I could do this easily if MS was range bound (0..100 or -100..100, etc.) But MS is all over the board, ranging wildly from positive to negative. To date my PCFs haven't worked. (But I'm not giving up...)

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Topic: Backdating Easyscans
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 11:11:28 AM
Hello,

I want to look back in time and find all MACD xovers (for example) that ocurred 3 manths ago (for example) so I can examine the charts and see what happened next.

It would be really nice if TC2007 had a way of setting the "active date" for the application such that sorts and EasyScans would be based on that "active date". (I.E. change the meaning of "Today"...) But it appears there is not.

Can I get there via writing a PCF? Can PCFs access specific indicator values on specific days?

I hope I'm being clear.

Thanks!
Topic: using up/down volume and TRIN on indexes
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2006 10:51:45 AM
Sirs,

I'm evaluating your product and see that you have a lot of information compiled about the broader indexes. I'm looking to build a chart template for evaluating the overall trend in the markets, specifically looking at AMEX, Nasdaq, and NYSE.

Are there examples or tutorials and how to effectively use Up Volume, Down Volume, TRIN, and VIX to gauge overall market health? Also, I'm wondering about the Worden Market Indicators...

Thanks

Keith McIntyre
Topic: Does TeleChart support Elliott Wave indicators?
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:40:51 PM
I've seen some products that offer Elliott Wave indicators. Does Telechart offer this feature?

Thanks