Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mwscpa
About
User Name: mwscpa
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 102
[0.03% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Extending the courtesy
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 2:05:15 PM
Good luck and come back soon!
Topic: tivo looks nice
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 12:02:55 PM
Sure did! Thanks for the heads up. Hard work ahead with the 200 MA at 6.22 and all kinds of supply above that. Without any news this will have to be a skinny.
Topic: anyone have any thoughts
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2007 5:50:02 PM
Welcome wizetrd! You'll need to be specific in your posts if you have any hope of a helpful response. Many will have an opinion on any stock you put out there. I think you're on a good stock here with a proper time frame if earnings reports are meaningful to you. DO seems to be moving up into the report... or was it oil up five bucks for the week? I'm back from a vacation and energy will be the focus sector.
Topic: Stock of the Week Club
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:31:04 PM
shaa9999 is another trader from whom I poached my SOTW.
His original post is:
CKSW - estimation 12/28/06

You can search for any phrase in this system to find a stock or user.
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:43:07 AM
sha9999, would like to see another analysis from you. Maybe you can join us.
Topic: SOTW: mwscpa likes CKSW
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:37:32 AM
I'm at yellow status on the markets so it I was challenged for my first pick after all the hype. I posted on the 'ACI' post about energy and I just can't recommend them even after a killer day. Sticking to core principles: one stock and why, in depth. If each participant starts their their own thread with the SOTW (stock of the week) prefix, we can go respond without confusing each other.

I've been on this story since a great analysis by sha9999 in late Dec. We're both doing some security analysis on this one as there is no coverage on this one at all. Purely on spec but here goes:

ClickSoftware Technologies makes software for service scheduling, better known as workforce optimization. And apparently its a hit. Customer adds in the latest qtr include Geek squad, Deutsche Telekom, PG&E and others. It seems these guys are in the zone right now. They turned to a profit in the 3rd qtr (Sept) with .03. Their gross margin is 59% and improving recently, in the range with most software/consulting providers. It seems not unreasonable they could even do as much as $6mm in software and $6mm in services for the qtr vs 4 and 5 roughly 3rd qtr. This at a 60%GP and std Opex could result in .10 for the qtr and have people thinking .50 or more for '07. Unfortunately, the stock seems to have some followers that understand this. It reports wed 2/7 before the bell.

It has moved with conviction from under $2 this summer and only getting stronger. As an aside, lately I've been forcing myself to enter strength for strengths sake instead of taking contrary, bottom fishing, seeing the divergence that isn't there trade. Doing so is a form of arrogance. Thinking I know better than the market the value of a stock. With caution applied, this is my therapy.

Technically, I see no indicators leading or lagging this one. Just strength. BOP has regained 100 after the recent breakout at 3.62 and more importantly, MS has gone to a newer high than even december. The stock has been higher. In '04 in touched 5. But if it continues its uptrend, it will soon be in "clean air".

The numbers:

Market Cap (intraday):111.10M
Price/Sales (ttm):3.63
Price/Book (mrq):9.43
Revenue (ttm):28.97M
Qtrly Revenue Growth (yoy):42.20%
Total Debt (mrq): 0
Average Volume (3 month)3:257,682
Shares Outstanding:27.77M
Float:20.11M
% Held by Institutions4:30.70%
Shares Short (as of 09-Jan-07)3:97.63K

It would be nice if CKSW retested its breakout at ~3.60, but as I like to remind myself: "the best don't retest".

There is risk here, but I'd say its biased to the upside from 3.85 which is my rec entry point from 7 day trend. Back it up if it gets into what is now support at 3.30-3.60(before report of course). Stops will have to be loose IMO.

This is a swing trade for me with a decent initial goal of 5.05 close to '04 high of 5.28.

Anyway, there it is. Kudos to sha9999 for tip.
Topic: ACI
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 3:48:46 PM
I don't know much about Arch but follow energy closely. While I'm thrilled at the rally today and was well positioned for it, I'll be selling into it. Likely half today and half depending upon tomorrow's action. Some are acting with convicton but most are not. If you think oil will run higher, ABP and TMY seem to correlate and each have their own bottoms in place. I'm expecting the USO to start putting in the right half of its W as soon as everyone thinks the bottom is in. The stocks, however, won't need to follow down fully this time. VLO has its W and I expect it won't break 50 as OIL retests.
Topic: AVNR...Oh, Noooo! He's at it again!
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:19:56 AM
What are you watching in this at the moment?
Topic: ADPT - extremely long consolidation, ready to move up 01/29/07
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 8:30:39 PM
Something going on at the close. I see they surprised last quarter and will announce Tues after the close. Tempting, but best to wait for ER.
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 8:17:06 PM
I will review be reviewing EICU tues Night as I prepare my SOTW. I'm thinking it may be a healthcare issue as well. These obviously take time to create and review. As they should before the place order button is clicked.