Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Deion
About
User Name: Deion
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 89
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: How long does it take TC to udate earnings?
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 6:07:03 PM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
Most Fundamental Data is updated each Saturday.
Thank you
Topic: How long does it take TC to udate earnings?
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 5:52:04 PM
Coca Cola(KO)released its earnings report today but it seems when I updated TC at 5:30 PM the updated earnings (EPS last quater) was not updated.
Topic: Why does my MS 22SMA line disappear?
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2006 2:42:57 PM
I was following the turnaround tuesday video by Mr. Worden and in my bottom window I have my moneystream and 22 day SMA but the 22 day SMA does not show up (I do have visible checked).My timeframe is daily and zoom level is 9. When I zoom to level 8 it does show up but not 9
Topic: Origins of these 2 indicators
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2006 11:21:51 PM
I was cleaning up my TC and getting rid of unused PCF's and charts and I came across a chart which contains two indicators but I can't remeber where I aquired them from?

The first one is a customer indicator of H-L which it seems to display the daily price range difference.

The second one is 100*(H-L)/L I assume this one also deals with the daily price range difference but I am not sure how it differes from the first indicator.

Any help would be appreciated
Topic: Percent True Indicator when Stock Closes in upper 50% of daily range
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2006 5:01:50 PM
One of the best features I like on TC is the ability to obtain a percentage of time when an event occurs using the percent True Indicator. I am trying to use the same principle of when a stock in the S&P 500 closes in the upper 50% range of the daily range and how many times it has done so in the last 5 days.

I use 100 * ((C - L) / (H - L))>.50 as the percent true indcator with a smoothing average of 5
When I sort the indicator by actual value and then view them in descending order it has symbol DJ 3rd on the list with a sort value of 100% but looking at the chart I can clearly see that on 7/12 and 7/13(with in the last 5 days) the stock closed well under 50% of the daily range. Is there something I am doing wrong or not understanding?
Topic: Does anyone have any ideas for IBD's Canslim technical ratings?
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:15:44 PM
I am a person who likes to look at a variety of investing ideas (from Buffett to WON to contrarian methods). Using TC2005 I have been able to find some very good CANSLIM fundemental stocks (the C and A)portions cause I view the ratings in the stock check up screen. I am having a hard time generating stocks with good technical ratings using TC. If anyone is familiar with IBD's Canslim approach and can offer any advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Topic: How to find stocks where the 10,20,50,100 and 200 MA's are close together?
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:33:48 PM
One of the best Worden Reports I have come across was by Sir Fan Trader (March 8, 2006). In the report he talks about using a fan pattern criteria (where the 10sMA>20sMA>50sMA>100sMA>200sMA.) I went back and visually looked at past occurences and the success it it is something I wish to investigate further. Craig was kind enough to help write a PCF where the fan pattern might be false one day but be true the next day.

I am trying to find a way where I can identify stocks where the MA's are very close together before the fan pattern might be true. Here goes an example: Currently ABI fits the fan pattern criteria but the MA's are vastly spread apart(the 10 SMA is well above the 200 SMA).

The pattern I am trying to identify is from ticker SLFI between the periods of 6/29/2006 to 7/3/2006. In this pattern the SMA's were very close together before the stock formed the fan pattern. Any help I can get to help me would be grealy appreciated.
Topic: Why does't my chart match my PCF Result?
Posted: Saturday, July 8, 2006 3:07:58 AM
I have a PCF that is titled "Close relative to 10 EMA" and the formula is C / AVGC10. I thought this PCF is supposed to show the close in relation to 10 day expotentioal moving average. When I use the ticker XAX (American Composite) it gives me a value of 1.02 meaning the 10 day EMA should be right near the last closing price. However in my chart he 10 day EMA is well below the closing price.

In another instance, using COMPQX I get a value of .99 but in the chart, the 10 day EMA is well above the closing price.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Topic: Revisiting the Fan Pattern
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2006 8:00:25 PM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
Try this:

(C > AVGC10 AND AVGC10 > AVGC20 AND AVGC20 > AVGC50 AND AVGC50 > AVGC100 AND AVGC100 > AVGC200) AND NOT(C1 > AVGC10.1 AND AVGC10.1 > AVGC20.1 AND AVGC20.1 > AVGC50.1 AND AVGC50.1 > AVGC100.1 AND AVGC100.1 > AVGC200.1)

Good job Craig, I added the PCF to one of my columns and it returned true values for CACS, CATG, EXXA etc.. where the 10 DMA crossed above the 20 DMA making the value true. There were a bunch more (too many to list) but I wanted to put up a couple of examples so other viewers can see if they get the same results.

Diceman, thanks for the contribution(you have helped me on so many occasions) but Craig's PCF seems more simple
Topic: Revisiting the Fan Pattern
Posted: Sunday, July 2, 2006 11:46:13 AM
A couple of weeks ago I reviewed previous issues of the Worden Report and I came across a report on Sir Fan Trader (March 8, 2006)and I copied his PCF into my TC ((C > AVGC10 AND AVGC10 > AVGC20 AND AVGC20 > AVGC50 AND AVGC50 > AVGC100 AND AVGC100 > AVGC200). I use this PCF in my scans and one stock and it's pattern really sticks out to me. Arkansas Best Corp (ABFS). From 6/12/2006 to 6/21/2006 the MA's were very close together but after 6/21 the shorter term MA's stayed well above the longer term MA's and since that time (6/21-6/30) the stock has gained 16.36%.

Can I get some help with finding a way where the above PCF ((C > AVGC10 AND AVGC10 > AVGC20 AND AVGC20 > AVGC50 AND AVGC50 > AVGC100 AND AVGC100 > AVGC200)might be false one day but the next day becomes true?

Thanks in advance