Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sheana
About
User Name: sheana
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 84
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Win/loss ratio risk management question.
Posted: Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:51:50 PM

Thanks very much for the clear, lucid example! Very helpful!

Topic: Win/loss ratio risk management question.
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2016 3:26:48 PM

I was listening to a lecture about risk management, and the instructor was talking about a person who had a win ratio of 90%.

But his reward/risk ratio was upside down. His losing trades far exceeded his winning ones. The teacher then used an example of only 10 trades in which he could "blow up" his account if his win ratio dropped to 80%. He was able to say that in "X" number of trades, the trader would be suffer big losses in his account.

Some people in the class new the exact number of trades in which the account would go negative. It was a recording, so I couldn't ask any questions.

Can anyone give me an example of how this may play out, and how it could me mentally calculated?

Thanks in advance,

Topic: ROC for MACD
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 7:48:11 AM

Thanks again, this really helps!

Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:02:51 PM

Hi Bruce,

When I input the following;(XAVGC12 - XAVGC26) / ABS(14 * C + 13 * XAVGC26.1 > 27 * XAVGC12.I get a division by zero error.

The second equation plots as a line that waves up and down, so I'm not sure if the MACD is going up when the indicator is going up and vice versa.

My major problem is that I'm confused by the math logic here. . such as multiplying by 28, etc. and the order of operations. If you could add a little more explanation for the sorry state of my math skills(it's been a really long time since I had to use any math) or a link reference to an explanation would really help me.

Also, I can't get the PCF to plot in the exact pane as the MACE, it plots in its own separate one.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you Bruce for your patience.

sheana

Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:56:11 PM

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate the videos and effort you put into this. I will work with it and get back to you with feedback. 

Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:40:33 AM

The only way I can think of is to calculate the slope of the last two data points. The closer the slope gets to 0 would represent flattening. Settings would be the standard 12, 36.

Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:21:53 AM

Hi,

Can you write a PCF for Telechart that colors an area of the chart green or red based on the rate of change/momentum of the MACD? I would like to know when the signal line has stopped moving in a trending fashion and is now flattening or losing steam. Also, is it possible to have multiple time frames, i.e. daily, hourly, 10 minute, etc. displaying on one chart simultaneously?

Perhaps this is a crazy question....just want to put it out there. Thanks in advance.

Topic: PCF for Chandelier Exits
Posted: Monday, February 2, 2015 12:17:21 PM

I used Gyazo to take a snapshot of the stop/exit. 

http://gyazo.com/144bd371b117e10a81d94528b7e3a3df

The stop is not continuous, and changes from red to green, depending on the trade direction. Can we duplicate this in TC2000?

Also, is there a T3 Tilson indicator? In the bottom chart of a forex pair, there are 2 Tilson averages....I am trying to guess the length, but you are a math genius, and I am definitely not!

http://gyazo.com/38b30c0188ce0461e2c6c22c47b8111f

Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Topic: PCF for Chandelier Exits
Posted: Monday, February 2, 2015 12:08:31 PM

Hi, Can we upload a snapshot so I can show you the chandelier stop in another software program?

Topic: PCF question for linear regression and standard deviations
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 4:05:53 PM

To clarify, how do you add a PCF to the new Telechart?