Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: awshucks
About
User Name: awshucks
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 291
[0.10% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Yet another useless worden report.
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:08:28 PM
Hardly, but such was not its intent.
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:50:37 PM

Diceman - The folks making the claim survive all market environments...and they don't give up an edge.

Nothing stops you from investigating where Wyckoff, Gann and others basis of trading dovetails.

I have scorn (quite properly I might add) for those who wish to deride me for merely bringing up a valid point.

Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:43:51 PM
DavidJohnhall....the markets make great strides intraday, and one learns to capture the up and the down.  

The frustration is as I stated it.  Nice try at putting words in someone elses mouth.

Again.  Telechart is not the issue.  The dearth of anything of any value in the daily report for quite some time is.

Stop shilling...you denegrate yourself by doing so.

Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:40:35 PM
Your snide, off topic comment is noted traderm30.  The issue is the dearth of anything of any value on the daily commentary for quite some time...and perhaps the comment that news moves markets. Ha.

The issue regarding probative proof for the timeliness or even base application of breadth and Dow Theory was a suggestion for how to bring something to the table, not an attack on someones technical ability.  I'll write your attempt at over emotionalization of an issue off to youth and leave it at that. 
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:32:09 PM
My opinion stands tobydad.  You have yours.
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:49:58 PM

There is only One Law...and all your denial is just that.  Enjoy your own prison.

Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:19:05 PM

As to proof.  The only valid proof is...that which returned the expected outcome (the good) in the past, in the present, and in the future.  By that measure, both breadth and Dow Theory lag or are invalidated, take your pick.

Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:13:22 PM

The essence of dialogue is that proof is usually noted in the midrash (that which is never stated).  However, as I've said....at least it would be a something, rather than a nothingess.

A beauty in exposition would be Mr Worden having you post your reasoning for going long in early March, to the extent you would agree to any such inquiry.  Again, it would be better than nothing.

Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:43:15 PM
I'm looking for unique input (either from Worden or Knights, Pages...perhaps even Villains?).  This is, when all is said and done, a platform based on that which may be measured.  Perhaps a provision of the probative proof regarding the application of Dow Theory and/or breadth to markets would also be illuminating.  Anything really, other than the long dry spell. 

Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:30:46 PM
Tobydad...I took no umbrage and I was not being sarcastic. As such, I appreciate and accept your apology at face value.  I was not establishing 'a contest'...I was hoping you would highlight the nuggets, so to speak.  It should be easy for you...given the many times and the depth of insight.  If you do not wish to...I understand, truly.