Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: orabox
About
User Name: orabox
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 28
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: price alerts
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 12:44:04 PM

there is a white line with a cross, and on the right a price on every one of my charts.

Topic: price alerts
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2018 12:03:08 PM

how do you remove price alerts?  I dont know how I caused it to show up on all my charts, or how to delete it.

Topic: watch list price
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 11:24:07 AM

When a symbol is entered on a watch list,  the price is shown at the time it was entered.  Can the price on column trkPrice be changed.   For example, I bought xyz several days ago, and now I want to add it to a different watch list, but wish to show the purchase price, not the price today.  Is that possible?

Topic: candlestic colors
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:31:10 AM

Is it possible to edit price candles, and volume indicator  to show red as a down day when the close is lower than the opening, and green when the close is higher than the opening, regardless of the previous days close?

Topic: rsi divergence formula
Posted: Monday, May 6, 2013 3:07:49 PM

I assume 5 bars is five days.  How would the formula be changed for 60 days or 90 days. RSI divergences take several days or weeks to set up.  Sorry I didnot ask for longer time periods.

Posted: Monday, May 6, 2013 1:12:51 PM

As well as the first formula works for rsi divergence at high prices  the second does not work very well for low prices.  Most of the stocks scanned in the first  formula show a majority of the stocks scanned had new highs while the rsi showed lower highs as the stock reached the new high.  Several short canidates are shown.

In the second formula which attempted to show the reverse, the scan showed only a 3 of 25 sp500 stocks that actually had a new low in the last 60 or more days.  And the rsi was diverging.

If it is possible to scan for divergence after price reaches new highs, it seems that your formula to reverse the scan would work, but it may not be possible for lows.  Rather than rsi, there may be a better indicator that will find what I look for if you have a suggestion.  Searching each chart for stocks that have hit new lows while rsi and other indicators are rising has been very profitable.  Just looking for a easier way to find those stocks in that position.

Posted: Friday, May 3, 2013 1:53:28 PM

The formula that had the best results when made into an easy scan is the longer formula beginning after the statement "Although if it is using a Wilder's smoothed RSI, the resulting formula would be much longer:"  I copied the whole text that followed and added to a condition for an easy scan.

My question is how this long formula could be changed to find RSI divergences from low prices in the same way the current formula shows RSI divergences from only high prices.  The answer above seems to be only for the shorter version formula which did not work as well as the long form which works very well.

Posted: Friday, May 3, 2013 11:09:19 AM

This formula shows RSI divergences on price highs.  Can it be changed to indicate RSI divergences at price lows? 

Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:08:17 PM

Using the long formula you created showed 44 stocks.  RSI is lower  while the price is setting new highs, in all those scanned, except four that have some unusual recent price movements.   This appears to be very good scan for RSI diveregence.  Thanks for the help.

Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:40:25 AM

This formula for RSI divergence is from Mr. Swing website.  When copied to TC 12.3 I get  "error in formula - argument missing near >"  Why will this formula not work onTC?

CLOSE > 10 AND MAV20 > 200000 AND HIGH >HIGH5 AND RSI10 < RSI10_5

After watching tutorials, chatting with trainers, and searching RSI divergence on  the discussion forum, I have yet to find a way to scan for actual divergences which are defined as price making highs, when RSI does not, or RSI making higher highs when Price is moving lower.