Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: john263
About
User Name: john263
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 26
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Can you please provide editable code for columns within tc2000
Posted: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 2:03:45 PM

Quite often TC2000 already has a column that would be a "start" very near what I want for myself. As it stands now, I think people have to ASK for help or examples after SEARCHING through the forums.

Can you please, from within tc2000, provide the EDIT feature that would let users view and change the code for existing indicators that can be used as pre defined columns. If you wanted to safeguard those basic columns, you could give the user the access to the code but force the user to copy and past his own changes to a new file name.

This way users do not have to look or search elsewhere. They can easily see the indicator for a predefined column, or chart, and read the code. Then, whether they are able to change the code themselves, or not, they have an instant starting point. 

The definitions of the existing indicators already provided does not work for this purpose becase those indicators are not shown with "copy and paste" code that allows them to be immediately used in a column or chart. What I am asking would assure the user that they are starting with code that already works.

thank you

Topic: Highest of past bars excluding current bar
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:56:40 PM

Bruce,

I DID really want and use Wilders Smoothed RSI (as that is what I use on my charts that works for me) so I really needed your clarification of my question.

The formula you gave seemed to answer a different question that I asked.

I want to know if the current bar is greater than ANY of the past x bars, and the formula you wrote for me seemed to say AND so my result question would not be correctly answered as your formula would require the current bar higher than ALL the past X bars rather than ANY one of them. I was also not clear about whether your formula referred to Wilders smoothed or the other RSI's that are in telechart but graph far differently.

So let me re state: Is it possible that the Wilders smoothed RSI that is available on the charts cannot be used in the conditions or easy scans users make if they try to refer back to prior values?

Or again, even using your individual day example, just so I don't miss something, can you please write for me again your specific code version that would give a T-F answer to my original question

Current bar Wilders smoothed 14 bar RSI is greater than the greatest Wilders smoothed 14 bar RSI over the prior 4 bars (excuding the current bar).

So if the current bar Wilders smoothed 14 bar RSI was 70, and the past 4 bars of Wilders smoothed 14 bar RSI were 68,71,66,65 then the result is false.If the current bar Wilders smoothed RSI was 72, then the result is true.

thank you again for your prior fast response

Topic: Highest of past bars excluding current bar
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:27:50 PM

I want to compare the current bar to the maximum (could have been minimum) of the last x bars back. The formula seemingly must exclude the current bar as the current bar is never higher than itself.

Can you please show me the code that would return:

(Please include any additional detailed formatting explanations that I did think to ask for, like any extra dots after RSI)

Current bar RSI14  is greater than the greatest RSI14 over the prior 4 bars (excuding the current bar).

So if the current bar RSI14 was 70, and the past 4 bars RSI14 were 68,71,66,65 then the result is false.If the current bar RSI14 was 72, then the result is true.

thank you

Topic: Real Time scan for symbols near 200 bar 1 minute moving average
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:36:34 PM
Can you please direct me to an example that would allow me to set up a watch list of symbols, that can be sorted real time, as to how far (percent or points would be ok) the current price is from its 1 minute 200 bar simple moving average. Thank you
Topic: SF 5 daily data will not refresh
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 12:40:36 PM
I  think this is service question, but the people said they were shifting all SF5 questions to the forum. This will make it much harder to have simple questions answered over the weekend.

I have SF5 platinum. My minute charts seems to post correctly. My daily charts stop through Feb12 and then jump to today Feb19. How can I refresh the missing data. thank you
Topic: Service down?
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 5:45:29 PM
Unable to sign-in error? 8-9pm pst Fri 5th and 10am-2pm pst Sat 6th. I can get to internet for anything else with ie, chrome, or ffox. I unchecked my broker connect box, but still get "unable to sign In: There may be an internet problem or the sign-in service may be unavailable. Please try again.My event viewer shows crypt32 event errors 8 and 11. My stockfinder4 loaded correctly before I downloaded stockfinder5.However, the sign in page does not indicate whether I am now trying to log into stockfinder 4 or 5. In any event, I now cannot log into either stockfinder 4 or 5.Angela emailed me a note about stockfinder and firewalls. Adding stockfinder.exe to the exceptions list seemingly made no difference.If anyone else has had this experience, and solved it, please post what you did or send me an email directly (john263@aol.com). Thank you
Topic: MACD
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2009 2:38:42 AM
Please make a pcf for MACD (12,12,9) using exponential moving averages. Thank you
Topic: Cup and Handle
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:24:21 PM
Thank you for answering my request about shortening the handle of cup and handle. I will look forward to the solution to my question. Dave Blinn
Topic: cup and handle
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 5:25:38 PM
How can I modify this cup and handle pcf to shorten the handle to 2 weeks?
MAXC10/MAXC10.105*100 and MAXH115/MINL115
Thank you, David Blinn
Topic: Cup with a handle formation
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:46:52 AM
How can I shorten the handle for this cup and handle pcf: Add this PCF:
MAXC10/MAXC10.105*100
 Then add this PCF:
MAXH115/MINL115
Thank you, EMAIL REMOVED