Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rfc11
About
User Name: rfc11
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Notes question
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 8:38:34 AM

Can you tell me how to get rid of the "My Notes" column in the notes section of V17 ?

Topic: relative strengh window
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:08:10 PM

Thanks for your fast response.

You are right about the paranthesis in the formula.  I dd not specifiy the parens in my example, but I do use them in the actual formula.  For example, my "50MA > 200MA As a Comparison" PCF actually looks like:

( ( AVGC50 / AVGC200 ) - 1 ) * 100

I am thinking you are also right in that I get the box popping up not when I do the PCF, but when I incorporate the PCF into a scan.  Not sure how I missed that; I have not been playing with limiting PCFs in a while.

Inexplicably, it now appears that my problem is that I am missing certain PCFs, specifically around volume.  Unfortunately, most of my scans have a volume component, usually to eliminate the stock or PCFs with the smallest volume.  Most of my scans now show 0 results because of the missing PCF.  The line is still in there when I look at the scan formula, just pointing to nothing. 

I am going to go to old backups, and see if I can find and restore the PCFs.

Topic: relative strengh window
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:09:43 PM

Hello

I am a long time TC2007 user, experiencing an error that has made most of my scans useless.

For years I have been able to invoke a relative strength window within a PCF by the simple formula x/y -1 * 100.  A window will pop up with a vertical bar.  There are three buttons within the window allowing you to define the bar as actual value, or as a percentage of the whole.  For example, I can set the bar within the relative strength window for 90 day volume, then I could set it for just the top say 50%.   When I incorporate that PCF into a scan, it will only pick up the stocks or ETFs that have the top 50% of volume.

For some reason that function does not work.  Also, I seem to be missing some PCFs, particullarly around volume.  This means my scans which use a relative strength PCF do not work.  Most of my scans now have 0 population.

Would you have any idea what is happening?

Topic: attempting to use % True
Posted: Saturday, September 5, 2009 12:09:28 PM
The visible check box has been selected.  I do use %True successfully in other scenarios, such as an Overbought indicator; it is just this one that is not working.

Thanks anyway
Topic: attempting to use % True
Posted: Saturday, September 5, 2009 11:09:47 AM
Hello

I am a long time user, attempting to code in Gerald Appel's Triple Momentum formula into "Percent true" in TC2000.   Appel's Triple Momentum adds the 5, 15, and 25 day Price Rate Of Change, expressed as a percentage not as a number, and asks "is it >= or < than 4?"   

I used the following formula:  ( ( ( ( C - C25 ) / C25 ) * 100 ) + ( ( ( C - C15 ) / C15 ) * 100 ) + ( ( ( C - C5 ) / C5 ) * 100 ) ) >= 4, entered as a PCF.  In testing the PCF  using the latest data for EWZ, I get "true" as the answer for Friday, and checking the math that answer is correct.  

I found the PCF when I set up the "Percent True" section of my chart.  Even though for EWZ the math works out as "true"  I do not ever see the "true" graphically expressed in the "Percent True" section of the chart.  In fact, I never see the "true" statement graphically expressed in any chart.  I am doing something wrong?
Topic: Worden technical indicators
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 2:25:54 PM
I'm a TC2 subscriber; is there any discussion anywhere of the Worden technical indicators, such as the Bolton Tremblay indicator, the High/Low logic, etc?