Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: grizzly
About
User Name: grizzly
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 33
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Importing Text Data to Watch list
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 5:39:47 PM
I have imported text data to a new Watch List in the past but  every attempt  now has failed . I suspect I have forgotten the proper procedure:-

I would  copy a stock screen to EXEL, alphabetize it to a titled notepad and then import it to the Watch List in TC2000.

It worked like a charm.

Will you help please ? Every attempt to repeat this  has failed.

My e-Mail: (email removed by moderator)
Topic: Price-performance ranking MG data base
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 3:53:40 PM
Finally! Thank you Bruce.
 I did not have a  Sort Value Column.
This problem resulted in a great loss of sleep and a good deal of aggravation. What a relief.
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 12:02:51 PM

Your response is appreciated. However I am aware of the procedure you outline.
The problem is: I expected the result of this procedure to produce a list output providing the MG list with the % value ie.    MG710 65%
                               MG 830 50%
                                       I
                                       I
                                 etcetera

Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:36:07 PM
In Worden Report April 23,2002 on Filtering Industry groups the author in the third paragraph states after
" use the C key- "and request that the price- performance of every symbol be ranked and sorted in three ways:price % change, %relative-strength of each symbol vs its Sub-Ind,or%RS of eachsymbol vs its Industry.

The above sorts he describes as"Price-Performance"

Please comment. I find no such rankings in TC2000.

Topic: ETF Analysis
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:44:53 PM

ETF listings in TC show the individual stock issue components  that constitute the ETF but not the overall ETF symbol.This precludes the advantage of a scan analysis of these issues.
Is there a technical reason for this state of affairs.

Topic: Breadth Groups & Important Avg,s
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2007 9:06:56 PM
D.Worden discusses "8 important averages". Among these are Dow,Russell 1K & 2K,Small & Mid caps and the Nasdaq,s.

He goes on to the Breadth Groups and analyzes these.
I refer you to his report 4/20.

Would you kindly shed some light on the procedure
he utilizes and why this extensive study.

Several reports have the same

Grizzly
Topic: Dahl Definition
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2007 4:11:49 PM
The word Dahl has been noted with an integer enclosed in parenthesis following it.Several PCf's have incorporated it and I have attempted to determine who or perhaps what it represents in Yahoo group searches and failed.

Can you shed some light here.
Topic: Snap Sheet Virus
Posted: Monday, December 25, 2006 6:36:07 PM
I have been having problems with a virus resulting from an update.One machine I cleared by deleting C:\program files\The Block Company.
However I did not re-install Snapsheets for fear of spending more time because the update I believe is flawed.The update requested my Antivirus be disabled and I complyed with a great deal of hesitation.

My second machine refuses to delete the offending file completely. There remains, after deleting the program files after a new virus scan:-
C\RECYCLER\s-1-5-21-1615995735 with an arms length of characters
following.

Do you have a solution. I hesitate to reload snapsheets under existing conditions.
Topic: CashFlow Accumulation (Accumulation/Distribution) Indicator
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:24:41 PM
Free cash flow is the sum of net income and depreciation and amortization minus capital expenditures used to maintain the business.
Is there a surrogate in TC2000 for this fundamental?

A knight wrote he sorted using cash flow. An TC200 index search listed free cash flow.That was it nothing further was available.
Please comment.
Grizzly
Topic: CashFlow Accumulation (Accumulation/Distribution) Indicator
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:24:34 PM
Free cash flow is the sum of net income and depreciation and amortization minus capital expenditures used to maintain the business.
Is there a surrogate in TC2000 for this fundamental?

A knight wrote he sorted using cash flow. An TC200 index search listed free cash flow.That was it nothing further was available.
Please comment.
Grizzly