Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: pkbldr
About
User Name: pkbldr
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 24
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Market Reversing Direction ...
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 1:22:37 PM
Topic: strange bullishnessPosted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:03:57 PM"QUOTE (realitycheck)Now OBAMA is proposing CEO pay limits ... even on companies NOT taking govt. money ...Like I said ... he's exporting capital & intellect ...And the US will be left with ??""QUOTE (Hohandy)No he's not, idiot - quit listening to and spreading FOX "news" lies - a stock board is especially not the place for it and this board has stunk ever since you joined it.****Associated Press- Thursday, Oct. 22, 2009Obama: Excessive pay ‘does offend our values’Average compensation expected to be cut in half for top executivesWASHINGTON - The Treasury Department on Thursday ordered seven companies that received billions of dollars in government bailouts to halve total compensation for their top executives. But the big reductions will not apply to pay earned before November.Kenneth Feinberg, the Treasury official leading the pay review, told reporters that average salaries for the top 25 executives are being cut 90 percent starting next month.The action will apply to the top executives at Bank of America Corp., American International Group Inc., Citigroup Inc., General Motors, GMAC, Chrysler and Chrysler Financial.Meanwhile, the Federal Reserve unveiled a proposal Thursday that for the first time would police banks' pay policies to ensure they don't encourage employees to take reckless gambles like those that contributed to the financial crisis.Unlike the Treasury plan, the Fed proposal would cover thousands of banks, including many that never received a bailout. But the central bank would not actually set compensation. Instead, the Fed would review — and could veto — pay policies that could cause too much risk-taking by executives, traders or loan officers.The government did not want to make executives return compensation already received this year, but the reduced pay levels will be the base for making decisions on salary in 2010, Feinberg said.****Don't you just hate those big liars at Fox News...and the Assoc. Press?Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Topic: Tobydad profile
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 4:32:25 PM
I seldom post (as you can see) because I seldom feel I have anything to share, but....I've recently found something that may be of use to those of us who have found Tobydad's posts, that he so gracefully shares, useful.In the Stockfinder's workbook there is a chart setup for 'Bouncing off the Bottom Band'. It seems ideally suited to narrowing quickly the vast universe of stocks to some of the ones suitable for the now famous Tobydad Profile. I hope some of you find it useful. I only wish there was an easy way to flag & import stock lists from Stockfinder to Telechart like there is from Telechart to Stockfinder.By the way Tobydad, thanks for all that you do on this forum. I for one have gained a lot from your many detailed and unselfish posts.Toby
Topic: Can't Update!
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:21:18 PM
I answered my own question.
Downloaded Blocks, installed flawlessly, updated with NO problem.
Internet connection did not fail.
Telechart still will not complete download.
Curious. Go figure!

Somehow I don't think Hughes Net is the problem.

Toby
Topic: Can't Update!
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:23:40 PM
Can anyone share experience with downloads to Blocks over Hughes Net?
Are the same issues present there?
The recent "Internet connection Failed" message is getting VERY OLD!
The secret to curing it is....update betwen 11:00 pm and 7:00am.
Not terribly convenient.
Thanks,
Toby
Topic: Who Here Is Tired of Filing Irs Paper Work Every Year?
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2008 12:38:53 PM
On the Clinton surplus;
Don't forget to factor in the 'Peace Dividend' from the end of the Cold War.
A significant portion of the rise in the current budget deficit is a result of his (and Congress') underfunding of the DOD.
Topic: Fed Action today 1/16/2008 - prediction
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:55:10 PM
Please take note of Mr. Bernanke's comments today in Congress on the beginning of the sub-prime problem we are experiencing. The initial move away from portfolio mortgage lending to capital market lending, that was accessible to the masses, was Fannie-Mae. (VA preceded but was more restrictive). Please keep that in mind as you form your opinions of the desirability of 'Government led' solutions to economic problems. Their solutions to problems tend to turn into larger problems rapidly.
Eight years ago I thought a Republican President and a Republican Congress would be constructive. Obviously I was wrong. I agree that the best we can hope for now is divided government and gridlock. IMHO
Topic: Fed Action today 1/16/2008 - prediction
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:58:04 AM
Everyone who thinks Congress, or for that matter the Administration, can do something to "HELP" the economy, raise your right hand. 
Congress can only hurt it in my opinion. 
(Think Unintended Consequences)
Topic: closed end fund ... equity?
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2008 8:32:31 AM
Survivor,
Thanks for the website link to Closed-End Fund Associations web site.
That is exactly what I was looking for.
They have a 36 page downloadable brochure, "Understanding the advantages of Closed-End Funds".
Also thanks to the other posters for their insights.
This forum continues to be a valuable asset to anyone frequenting here.
May it always be so.
Thanks
Topic: closed end fund ... equity?
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2008 10:40:20 AM

Scottnlena,

I'm with you, not real clear on these.
I suspect I know enough to be dangerous.
I hope someone with experience in these funds will be gracious enough to either post a primer, or recommend a 'Funds for Dummies' sort of book.
They definitely are multiplying like rabbits.
Happy New Year to All.

Topic: DavidJohnHall-Interesting
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 2:31:39 PM
David,
Out of the 163 all stars for '07, I found these interesting (from a scan I'm working on) and would solicit comments, from all.
Especially look at support, resistance, trendlines, your channels and Various Indicators (no offense intended to anyone).

TRCR- symmetrical triangle
MEA- "
DAR- Bop, MA's
DCO- Bounce
GMO- Strong Channel
AEY- Bounce, MACDH
RZ- New High
OMEX- BOP, Bounce
NXST- Descending Triangle
CRDC- Symmetrical Triangle, BOP
PTT- New High
HOKU- BOP, BOP, More BOP

This is what I see, what do you see? Anyone?