Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: hs1935
About
User Name: hs1935
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: bollinger bands
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:57:01 AM
Thanks, Bruce. Regarding an unambiguous definition of BB squeeze, I don't know how to express it in mathematical terms....... but an example would be a stock like TRIB in the weeks before it broke out on 2/23/10, with an expansion in the BB and breakout in price. Is it possible to scan for something like that?
Topic: bollinger bands
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2010 10:56:28 AM

Can I scan for when a stock starts to  come out of a narrow bollinger band squeeze and the upper band starts to point up. If this has already been discussed could you point me to it. Thanks 

Topic: PCF for trading range breakout
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:04:54 AM
Craig, to clarify the trading range : If a stock was trading at say $10.00 6 months ago I want it to trade at no more than between $12.50 and $7.50 during the intervening 6 months. And volume on breakout should be 2x  the average 30 day volume.
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:59:03 AM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
+ or - 25% of what?

Do you want stocks that have a maximum high that is no more than 125% the value of their minimum low for the past 6 months?  There is no volume qualification in the my attempt below.  I need you to define what "good volume" means.

Try this:

H>MAXH125.1 AND MAXH125.1<MINL125.1*1.25
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:58:06 AM
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:04:43 PM

I posted this question in the PCF thread but perhaps this would be the appropriate forum.
I am looking for a PCF to identify stocks which have been trading in a trading range of + or - 25% for 6-12 months and which have just broken out of that trading range on good volume. Could you please help? Thank you
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:37:01 PM
I am looking for a PCF to identify stocks which have been trading in a trading range of + or - 25% for 6-12 months and which have just broken out of that trading range on good volume. Could you please help? Thank you