Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jstjr
About
User Name: jstjr
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: sorting by quarterly earnings date
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 3:53:50 PM
Topic: sorting by quarterly earnings date
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 3:53:33 PM
Can either Telechart or Blocks give me the ability to scan, search or sort by quarterly earnings date?
Thanks, jstjr1

Topic: New Blocks 3.0
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:41:57 AM
QUOTE (StockGuy)

Yes you can. Set the watchlist to US Stocks.

Click Indicators and search for Shares Outstanding.  Drag it to your chart.  The drag the plot to the Condition buttton and choose Greater Than Value.  Set it to 50 for greater than 50 million shares, 25 for greater than 25 million shares, etc.

Then drag the condition from the chart to the Filter.

Thanks, StockGuy   sounds like a very interesting program

If you change the value in the condition on the chart, it will change in the filter condition as well.

Topic: New Blocks 3.0
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2008 9:44:55 PM
Can I search for companies by the number of shares outstanding?
Thanks, jstjr
Topic: VIX
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2005 9:04:41 AM
I have not used the Vix before as an indicator. However, if I use the same interpretation of the chart that I would use for any other chart, I would have to say that the Vix tops (which are the bottoms for the market or stocks)has a mixed reading. Drawing a trend line from the tops of the Vix down to the right, I find a breakout to the downside. However, if I look at the MACD for the Vix the tops are in decending order which means to me that the momentum is fading for much of a further decline in the market.

If you have followed the Vix, is my interpretation correct or have I missed the boat.
thanks, john
Topic: Personal Criteria Formula
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2004 5:30:17 PM
Help!
I want the formula for a simple 50 day moving average for those stocks that crossed over today or yesterday. The formula AVGC50 gives me all those stocks that are over the 50 day line and that is not what I want. I want ONLY those stocks that crossed over the 50 day line today or yesterday.

thanks, john