Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: davemc
About
User Name: davemc
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Point & Figure Charts
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2006 5:56:57 AM
I tried using blocks, but I got a message saying a new version was available and to click ok to download. Nothing happens when I do so. I went to blocks.com, and I see that they want $39.99 a month for a subscription. Does that we mean we are to pay that also, if we want to use their software?

Dave
Topic: Replies to "Worden Report Searchable Archive Link"
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 8:13:56 PM
I am unable to access the Worden Report Archive with the link given here, I get an SQL error. Any help is appreciated

davemc
Topic: request formula for standnard deviation
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2006 8:01:40 PM
I would like to know exactly what a standard deviation is equal to. I have looked in various places, and have not been able to find out what the value of a standard deviation is and whether it can change its value based on whatever program is being used.

davemc
Topic: close of day 5 ma crossover question
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 7:10:53 PM
After reviewing the link in your last post, I discovered that the pcf was set to check simple moving averages, and I needed it to check exponential mas. It now seems to be working correctly.

Thanks for the help!
davemc
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 7:59:39 PM
This is much closer to what I want. It seems to catch the crossover about two days back, in general, but that is fine, at least it demonstrates a possible devloping trend.

Thanks for your help, Worden Bros. consistently has fast and knowledgeable replies to my questions,

davemc
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 4:19:02 PM
is there a way to write a pcf to determine a crossover of 5 mas with the last crossover occuring that trading day?

I have this pcf:
AVGC3 > AVGC5 AND AVGC5 > AVGC8 AND AVGC8 > AVGC10 AND AVGC10 > AVGC12 AND AVGC12 > AVGC15

which shows the moving averages above each other, but I am looking to set up an entry point where the 3 day moving average has crossed over the 5 day ma by the close of the trading day while the 8, 10, 12 and 15 day mas are all above each other. It is, in essence, the guppy trading system. Applying a visual sort of the the 3 day ma compared to the 5 day ma does not seem to give the results that I would like

davemc
Topic: Price Hedley Momentum Divergence Indicator
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2005 3:15:07 PM
Bruce_L,

In revisiting this thread, which I had completely forgotten about until rereading Headley's book, I realized that I had missed a line of TradeStation Code.

The code I posted was:

(with setting = 15 bars; 40 bars is intermediate-term setting)

Input: FastMA(12), SlowMA(26), MacdMA(9), Input2(15), BuyZone(30), SellZone(90);

Value1=IFF(Highest(MACD(Close,FastMA,SlowMA),Input2)- Lowest(MACD(Close,FastMA,SlowMA),Input2)<>0, Highest(MACD(Close,FastMA,SlowMA),Input2) - Lowest(MACD(Close,FastMA,SlowMA),Input2),50);

Value2=IFF(Highest(close,Input2) - Lowest(close,Input2)<>0,Highest(close,Input2) - Lowest(close,Input2),50);

Plot2(100*(MACD(Close,FastMA,SlowMA) - Lowest(MACD(Close,FastMA,SlowMA) - Lowest(MACD(Close,FastMA,SlowMA),Input2))/Value1,"MACD%");

Plot3(BuyZone, "BuyZone");

Plot4(SellZone, "SellZone");

But it should include the line:

Plot1(100*(close-Lowest(close,Input2))/Value2,"Close%");

which should be inserted between the Value2 and Plot2 code.

Thanks for any help,
davemc

Topic: Momentum Divergence
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2005 7:16:15 AM
This is the tradestation code for Momentum Divergence Indicator from Price Headley's book: Big Trends in Trading, page 114.

I know that someone out there can convert this to TC2005, Since Tanstaafl and J2D2 were able convert the Tradestation language for acceleration bands.

(with setting = 15 bars; 40 bars is intermediate-term setting)

Input:FastMA(12),SlowMA(26),MacdMA(9),Input2(15),
BuyZone(30),SellZone(90);

Value1=IFF(Highest(Macd(Close,FastMA,SlowMA),Input2)-
Lowest(Macd(Close,FastMA,SlowMA),Input2)<>0,Highest
(MACD(Close,FastMA,SlowMA),Input2)-Lowest(MACD(Close,
FastMA,SlowMA),Input2),50);

Value2=IFF(Highest(close,Input2)-Lowest(close,Input2)<>
0,Highest(close,Input2)-Lowest(close,Input2),50);

Plot1(100*(close-Lowest(close,Input2))/Value2,"Close%");

Plot2(100*(MACD(Close,FastMA,SlowMA)- Lowest(MACD(Close,
FastMA,SlowMA),Input2))/Value1,"MACD%");

Plot3(BuyZone, "BuyZone");

Plot4(SellZone, "SellZone");

Hope This Helps,
davemc
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 7:56:05 AM
Doug,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the quick help that is available on this board.

Dave
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 5:56:05 PM
Sorry, I should have supplied more info. along with the formula, and I definitely should have checked spelling

Anyways, Headley states that since MACD plots its levels relative to each stock's price, he created the MACD Momentum Divergence indicator to normalize Momentum readings across all stocks within a range of 0 to 100, with 0 showing the weakest momentum and 100 the highest, so that a higher priced stock will not have a higher Momentum reading than a lower priced stock that is showing the exact same MACD pattern. There are two lines plotted, an intermediate divergence time frame of 40 bars and a short term divergence time frame of 15 bars. The intermediate filters out short term whipsaws. His concept is that when the Momentum line has turned up, but the price trend line falls underneath the momentum line, a bullish divergence is formed and vice versa for a bearish divergence. This indicator is used with acceleration bands for buy and sell signals.

davemc