Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bid83
About
User Name: bid83
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Risks of a sell off are increasing
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 2:03:20 PM

I don't feel we have seen the devastating affects of the series of rate hikes.
Years ago I heard a commentary on Elliot Wave: There are three people who have figured it out; one's dead, the other is crazy and the last is not talking!
It's too complicated for me.
I do read the posts of one, on another board, that feels he has a grip on it though.
Bid
Topic: What does it take to become a successful investor?
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 1:21:58 PM

It is very difficult. Wall Street is the other Las Vegas.
I am not trading this volatile bear market, but short QQQQ and long TLT, and always looking. Sometimes the best thing for me to do is be patient and do nothing.
The SOX will lead this market when it reverses in later in the year. It alwasy does.
This is my opinion.
I would not ask for advice. I would ask what someone did recently that worked out.
I tried to short USO on Thursday. There were no shares available to short. Why were there no shares available? I don't know. It was a good bed and others took them first, is the best I can figure.
I am not a good trader either, but know now to sell at a small loss instead of a big one.......now.
The markets are the most complicated game invented by man.
Good Luck and best regards!!