Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mindspring
About
User Name: mindspring
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 43
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TSV Weekly
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 8:23:21 PM

i know that weekly tsv values cannot be calculated without access to the proprietary formula for tsv.

however, is it possible to compare tsv weekly values, e.g., say i am looking for stocks whose tsv18

value on a weekly chart is greater that it was 2 weeks ago,

crudely: weekly tsv18 > weekly tsv18.2.

thank you.

Topic: TSV visual vs numerical
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 11:32:00 PM

tx for the clarification, bruce.

Topic: TSV VISUAL vs NUMBERICAL
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 3:28:13 PM

I am posting this again as it aroused no interest over the past 5 days.  I have made minor edits to perhaps make it clearer:

I understand that the TSV numberical values are meaningless, so the fact that the TSV visual representation (graph) shows a value > 0 while the same equity shows the actual TSV value  < 0 is meaningless. 

Does this mean, then, that the visual values of TSV are all that we should be observing?  And further, does it mean that scaning, e.g., for stocks with TSV yearly high, we will/could get results with  the TSV indicator showing highs while the numberical values not being highs themselves?

Is there any value in scanning for TSV yearly highs, i find myself wondering?

I hope my question is clear.

Kind thanks.

Topic: TSV visual vs numerical
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2016 8:42:39 PM

I understand that the TSV numberical values are meaningless, so the fact that the graph shows > 0 and the actual TSV value is minus something is meaningless.  Does this mean, then, that the visual values of TSV are all that we should be concerned with?  And further, that scaning for, e.g., stocks with TSV yearly high, we will get results with graph highs and not numerical highs? 

I hope my question is clear.

Kind thanks.

Topic: old charts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:58:52 PM

thanks, bruce.  so the wealth of indicators in the 12. versions cannot be used to analyze historical data as they are not available in tc2000, correct?  are there pcf&#39;s for any of the library indicators?

Topic: old charts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:14:24 PM

how do i bring up a daily chart of a stock from 4 or 5 or 8 years ago?  all i seem to get are monthlys going back that far, and when i have the year i&#39;m looking for and hit the daily key, the chart becomes current.   the sliders on the bottom aren&#39;t able to take the chart back that far.  tx.

Topic: Industry Compoment Watchlists
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 1:15:51 PM
thanks again.  for some reason, my screen does not show that line of options.  i restarted the program thinking it was something new that i needed to download, but it's not there.  perhaps i have it 'covered' in
some way.  i'll poke around then check with worden.
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 10:27:27 AM
 i forgot to specify that i have tc2000, v.11 (gold).  i don't see an orange button anywhere on the screen.
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 6:26:52 PM

looking at a stock chart, is there anywhere to click to find out what component list the individual stock belongs to? 

Topic: MA of momentum
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 11:27:40 AM
sorry for the blank...thanks so much for shining a bright light in this coner of my darkened unawarenss.