Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: fletchlives
About
User Name: fletchlives
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 14
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Plot Horizontal line based on PCF value
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 10:06:00 AM
Thank you.
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:34:49 AM

Sorry, I would like to plot the value as a horizontal line on the chart (like the Pivot Point indicator). Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:33:01 AM
I have a PCF that calculates the value of one standard deviation below the day's high. I would like to be able to plot this value as a line on my candlestick chart. Is there any way to do this? Thank you.
Topic: Intraday Percent Change
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 1:59:52 PM
Thanks, Bruce. It works. Guess I made it more complicated for myself than it needed to be.
Topic: Intraday Percent Change
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 11:23:07 AM
I need a PCF that tells me what the price percent change has been since the current day's open. The Percent Change column for the watchlists is the percent change from yesterday's close, and I need something calculated from today's open. Any ideas? Thanks.
Topic: Data export--unadjusted for splits?
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2006 1:27:55 PM
I have used the export function in Worden to esport data to another program. I was wondering if there is a way to export the data so that it is unadjusted for stock splits. Thank you for your help.

A.J. Monatesti
Topic: condition scan for best performing stocks
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2006 5:19:00 AM
Check out the Worden archives. What are the best performing stocks are a matter of personal choice. Here is one of my scans that narrows the list down to stocks most likely in up trends with high percenage EPS growth over last year. This is a fairly loose scan produces a good number charts, but you can usually find a few gems. First create a PCF and call it MA ENVELOPE and paste this formula into the box:

AVGC10 > XAVGC20 AND XAVGC20 > XAVGC30 AND XAVGC30 > XAVGC50 AND XAVGC50 > XAVGC200

This formula makes sure your moving averages are properly aligned for an uptrend. This PCF takes a while to calculate so you may truncate it by using this formula instead:

AVGC10 > XAVGC20 AND XAVGC20 > XAVGC30 AND XAVGC30 > XAVGC50

The above formula will probably produce a few more charts because it eliminates the requirement that the stocks in the scan be above their 200 day MA.

Now create an Easyscan and call it MA/EPSGROWTH. For the Watchlist use "All Stocks". Click on "add new condition" and scroll down the list and select Volume 90-day (not the one that reads dollars). Select Value for "condition type" and move the bottom of the blue bar up so you are selecting stocks above 2500.00. Now click "add new condition" again and select EPS Percent Change Latest Yr. Use list rank for your condition type and select stocks 65 and above. Now click on "add new condition" and select the PCF you created: MA/EPSGROWTH. Now just save the Easyscan and run it. You can fiddle with some of settings to increase/reduce the number of charts in the scan. The more charts the better IMO.
Topic: Profit Taking
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2006 4:11:16 AM
Here is a very simple strategy...it is not mine and I have seen it in print in a variety of publications. Set an initial profit target when you enter the trade. This profit target can be an recent high in the stock price or it could be a positive move equal to the amount risked on the initial stop loss. For instance, if I risk 1 point on the trade, as soon as the trade moves up one point, I take profits on half of the position. Then I would move my stop on the remaining shares to break-even and continue to trail my stop on the rest of the postition as the trade progressed.

Since you mentioned WINE, I'll use it as an example. Say I would buy the pullback to the 50DEMA on 3/17/2006. I would set my initial protective stop at the bar low of my entry day (in this case, around 29.60). I would set my initial profit target just below the old trend high (around 36.00)--this is the point I intend to sell half of my position and carry a break-even stop on my remaining shares. As the trade develops, you can trail you stop to protect profits. In reality, I would begin looking to trail my stop earlier in the trade for a move this size. If I had taken the trade on 3/17/2006, today I would have a stop on half of my shares at break-even (around 30.10) and a stop to protect open profits on the remainder of my position (in this case pretty much right at 32.00--I used a linear regression line on a the consolidation area, but this is pretty arbitrary IMO).

I almost always am stopped out of my positions even when it is for a profit.
Topic: TGC - your thoughts
Posted: Tuesday, April 4, 2006 3:35:22 AM
QUOTE (r1cowan7)
aj: The daily chart shows the cup with handle formed October to Feb (cup) and Feb to March (handle) with the breakout on March 28.

I see what you mean about the weekly cup with handle although I don't think its legit.

Just my opinion.

Could you explain what you mean about the weekly formation--why is it not legit. I see the daily cup w/ pattern from Feb-March. This cup w/ handle forms the handle on the longer-term cup w/ handle (a pattern inside a pattern--are these supposed to be more reliable?). This recent breakout penetrates the old feb. 2004 high of 1.27--the lip of the longer-term cup w/ handle. Am I misinterpreting this? Why do you think this is not a valid pattern? I am not being argumentative; I am very light on experience and want to understand how to read these charts better.
Topic: TGC - your thoughts
Posted: Monday, April 3, 2006 3:31:28 PM
Just a question: Is there a large cup w/ handle formation for TGC on the weekly charts? Looks like it's been forming for over 2 years.