Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ccbidwell
About
User Name: ccbidwell
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 79
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Large % of Big Up Days in Last 200 Days
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:02:32 PM
Bruce,

Thank you very much for this. It is working exactly like I had hoped.

Thanks again!

CB
Topic: Large % of Big Up Days in Last 200 Days
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 11:43:28 AM
Can you please assist me in creating a PCF or Scan to pull stocks that over the last 200 days have had the largest number of Big Up Days (intraday). For the purposes of this exercise we will define Big Up Days as days in which each day's close minus open is greater than 1.33 times the average daily intraday range for the preceeding 200 days. I'm not sure if I'm even stating this correctly, but I suspect you get the idea of what I'm trying to accomplish here.

Many thanks!

CB
Topic: Daily Volitility Extreme
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2006 4:27:15 PM
Bruce... this is an excellent start. It seems to work very well. I'll play around with it and probably check back in for a little tweaking.

Thank you, and have a great weekend!

CB
Topic: Daily Volitility Extreme
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2006 1:26:13 PM
Greetings,

I'm trying to find stocks that have the widest average daily range between the open and the close on a percentage basis over the last 100 days. This is not (I believe) how volitility is typically measured. Basically I'm looking for stocks with a large intraday swing. Understanding that this is a topic you must address often is there a canned PCF, or video, etc. that will help get me started?

Many thanks!

CB
Topic: Average Wick in Relation to Daily Price Change.
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2006 11:41:02 AM
Got it... many thanks!

CB
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2006 11:07:50 AM
Bruce,

I "sort of" understand how this works. I don't understand from my days in school how a > function can me used as a multiplier, but it does work and that's what counts. This PCF appears to find stocks with relatively small bottoming tails... which is good. But what I'm unsure why this indicates the average bottoming tail over the last 20 days is less than 15% of the average (O-L) for only stocks where (C-O) is positive. If I can understand how these PCFs are created I am better able to create (or modify) new ones. Any light you can shed here will be most appreciated.

Thank you!

CB
Topic: Ratio of Up Days to Down Days
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2006 8:28:51 PM
Bruce,

Thank you very much for this... and thanks for the great help you have always provided on so many other "challenges".

These look great; again, many thanks!

CB
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2006 5:50:55 PM
A count would be fine... or any other way that allows we to isolate stocks with a higher ratio of up days to down days. I'm just starting with this so any place to begin is great.

Thanks,

CB
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2006 3:34:18 PM
Greetings,

Yet another hair-brained approach...

Is there a way to write a PCF or create a Scan that will pull (or rank) the stocks that have the highest percentage of up days vs down days; say over the last 100 days. I'm not even sure how to approach this, so any ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

CB
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2006 2:42:23 PM
Thanks, Bruce... I'll belooking for the next PCF.

CB