New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Wayne_M
About
User Name: Wayne_M
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.01% of all post / 0.29 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: RSI Reverse Engineering Indicator
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 5:14:10 PM

Blimey, I'd have never have worked that out!

Thanks very much Bruce.

Topic: RSI Reverse Engineering Indicator
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 8:01:19 PM

Hi Bruce,

Is it possible to plot this line indicator on the chart against a ticker as I can't find it in the Indicator list. If so, could you tell me how to do it using an RSI of 50 please? I've put a few info sources below to help.

https://www.prorealcode.com/prorealtime-indicators/rsi-reverse-engineering-indicator/

https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/reference/Tech-Indicators/studies-library/R-S/ReverseEngineeringRSI.html

http://www.tradewithtrend.com/indian-stock-market/amibroker/reverse-engineering-rsi-749.html

Thanks very much.

Topic: ttm squeeze
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 6:13:24 PM

Thank you Sir!

Topic: ttm squeeze
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2019 10:36:03 AM

Hi Bruce,

If you could send me the TTM Squeeze indicator as well, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Topic: price line
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2018 6:07:00 PM

Yep.

Click the Green + in top left of chart and Add a 'Price Per Share' Indicator PCF plot.

Click the Up/Down arrow to the left of the Formula(C) in the new Price Per Share window and click 'Overlay and scale with' in the main chart.

Click 'Scale with 'ticker'

Edit the Formula and select Plot Style = Last Value Horizontal

A line will appear that you can then extend across your chart using the Line Length option in the same Edit menu.

Topic: EMA Cloud
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 12:00:16 PM

OK, will do.

Thanks again Bruce.

Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 11:33:28 AM

OK thanks Bruce, no worries. Now that I know, I can work around it.

Sorry for so many questions but I'm trying to learn the software so I can get the most out of it.

I've now got an issue with the Option Chain as it has not populated any data for any ticker for the past hour. It did this last week for a couple of days as well.

Are you having issues with the Options data feed or is there something I can do at my end? I've tried closing TC2000 down and also launching a new Options Chain window but neither have worked.

Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 10:59:05 AM

QUOTE (Wayne_M)

Further to this question, I have set audio/message alerts to alert me when the 6EMA and 16EMA cross in either direction on a 3m timeframe. Although this is alerting me when this happens, I'm also getting lots of false alerts.

After I added realtime data and now that I have the charts showing the crossovers of the 6EMA and 16EMA, I am still getting false Alerts and I've realised why. On my charts, I have the Post/Pre-Market always open and the chart EMAs are being plotted at the start of the day incorporating the Post/Pre-Market data (which is what I want).

However, I think the Alerts of the 6EMA/16EMA crossovers are being calculated without the Post/Pre-Market data included which basically means for the first hour or so the Alerts have different EMA plots to my Charts.

Is there a way to include the Post/Pre-Market data in an EMA crossover condition set for the Alerts to match the Charts?

Thanks.

Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2018 5:20:22 PM

That's great, thank you! I'd got the wrong end of the stick completely and was trying to 'fumble' a PCF to do the same thing. Now I've seen the solution, it seems so obvious to do it that way. Haha!!!!

One of the downsides to the overall solution is although you can now see the candles, you still lose your cross-hairs, etc in that area of the chart so it's pretty much a dead zone isn't it.

I'll have a play this week and see if I can get used to that or the other option I guess is I remove Plot 3 and just have the lower section of the chart in that brown colour. Not sure which is the lesser of two evils yet but the main thing is that I've got the green/red clouds on the chart.

Really appreciate your help on getting this far chaps. If you have any more brainwaves on this or if it can be suggested to the developers as something for the future, I'd also appreciate it.

Thank you!!!

Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2018 11:45:03 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

What I did when using histogram bars to paint candles was to add a second price plot into the same pane and scale as the original price plot. You can add any symbol you want and then edit it to use the main chart symbol.

This won't help with the grid or watermark on the chart, but it does make it so you can see the price bars or candles.

@bcochrane - I've plotted Plot 1 and 2 and now have the cloud filled red and green. Thank you and I'm glad I entertained you for a little while. :-)

@bruce - can you explain this solution for Plot 3 covering everything below the EMAs please? I'm a TC2000 newbie and don't know how to implement your suggestion. Thank you!