Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bjallen13
About
User Name: bjallen13
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 16
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Is it possible to plot Daily SMA's / EMA's on an intraday chart?
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 2:57:49 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

I really don't know or if mixed time frames might make it into TC2000. I do not know of any workaround to accomplish it in the current version.

Ok.  can you tell me what the timeframe for the next version/update is?   

Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 2:39:24 PM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

No, you can use the Last Value Horizontal Plot Style to draw a horizontal line, but there is no way to mix time frames in this way.

Hi Bruce-  Revisiting this thread to see if there are plans moving forward to mix timeframes. 

Or at least add the ability to us PCF's to use daily values through either the last value horizontal Plot style to show as a drawing so it shows across timeframes.  Or even overlay a daily onto an intraday?   

Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 5:59:49 PM

I just draw a horizontal line to the corresponding daily moving average level.  (I have to continuously move it on my chart as it moves.  Could a PCF formula be written to address the original request (showing daily moving averages on an intraday chart)?   

Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 7:05:49 PM

Bruce.  Thanks again.   When adding a horizontal line to all symbols, is there a way to make that appear close to the current price or is it added for the same value accross all symbols?   

Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 9:34:35 PM

Thanks again for the propt response.   Is it possible to have a pre-defined drawing set that I can apply to all symbols?   Specifically 8 differently colored  horizontal lines so I don't need to manually enter them on each ticker?  

Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 5:54:15 PM

Bruce-  One last stab at this.    Each day, I use the horizontal line tool to plot daily SMA's so I can see them on my intraday chart.   

My question is, could I calculate the Moving Averages on the Daily Chart but have them shown as a drawing so they show up on the intraday chart?   

Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:49:06 PM

Thanks for the prompt response Bruce.   Is there any way to show any daily value on a intraday chart?  

Basically I would simply like to see where those daily MA's are on the intraday chart without having to manually add them 

Topic: Pre market data
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:20:36 PM

I also believe TC2000 could charge more for their platform if they implemented:

1: Premarket/Post market scanning (with volume, gap, etc)

2: Premarket/postmarket data beyond 1 day history.  

3: Daily values on an intraday chart.  

Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:43:13 PM

Actually it looks like the formula is not correct.  However, I did get the second part figured out and it is static on the price chart now.   

Could you advise on the correct formula?   Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:31:08 PM

Ok.  I think I may have answered my question somewhat.   I have added the formula (AvgC200) and the calculation is correct.   However, I would like to see it displayed as a "LAST VALUE HORIZONTAL" .

But when I zoom in and out on the chart, that value is not fixed at the price the price is reflected but scales up and down on the chart as I zomm in and out.  See these examples:  https://nimb.ws/F9djWa  https://nimb.ws/w4XrJN