Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: JFCDC
About
User Name: JFCDC
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: WTSLA - comes up on several scan
Posted: Saturday, March 5, 2005 8:20:51 PM
What type of scan did you create?
Topic: EasyScan
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 10:56:01 PM
Barsol,

The scan you set up looks very interesting. However, the one factor that the scan can't prevent, no matter how great the formula is......NEWS. The best looking, acting, performing stock is not immune to the news factor and the over zealous analyst.
Topic: Research
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 10:51:21 PM
Spab,

Well as suggested, I went back and read every post on your topic (several times) I guess I just don't get what you are trying to explain. It sounds very interesting, I just can't understand how or what you are using to INITIALLY enter the stock. There is obviously more to these selections besides optional stocks that rise 5% before falling 10%. By this criteria alone it seems that just about every stock of the 2000+ optional stocks have done that at one time or another. You have mentioned a spread sheet. I wish that you could post this sheet with a little more of an explaination. There is obviously a key (if not several) other components that are missing to this puzzle. In any event, I wish you well in your research.
Topic: Research
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:50:38 PM
Can you elaborate on the specific protocol you use to make your initial picks. Just how did you come up with the stocks that you used in your 2/14 posting. What "filters" do you use besides optional stocks. What tech. indicators are used to determine a 5%. Your postings are interesting but very confusing as to how you determine the individual stocks and entry points.